Saturday, November 13, 2021

Ceylonese

It was not a big festival over here so no public holiday last Thursday. Kids still had their online lesson but a replacement off day was given the next day. So it was a long weekend for the kids (and mummy as well!).

Anyhow, I felt like having a little Indian feast since it was Deepavali. Actually more like a Ceylonese cuisine. Sri Lanka (formerly known as Ceylon) cuisine actually is much influenced by India and Arab. So there is much similarity in term of food and culture in Sri Lanka.

My choice was this Ceylonese Restaurant in Green Hill. I have never been to its current location since they moved. Their popular cheesy naan was the much talked naan in town!! Thanks to Food Panda, I did not need to go so far to get my food.

I ordered the normal cheese naan (RM14) instead of the double cheese naan (RM21). It was already good enough for me. I reheated the leftover the next day for breakfast. 

It was tasty and cheesy. And having it while it was warm and the cheese soften and melting, that was a different level of yumminess!!



Beside the naan, I also ordered its banana leaf chicken briyani (RM17). Well wrapped in banana leaf and secured by toothpick, this was what it looked like when I unwrapped the leaf.


Came together with some papadum and shorba (gravy), the chicken was tasty and moist. The was a cili padi in my rice (can you see the red chilli on the left in below photo?), the briyani rice was flavourful with sweetness and spiciness from the sambal.

A satisfying meal I have to admit. Once in a while, I don't mind having such meal. 

 

10 comments:

mun said...

Ya, can truly see that it is a satisfying meal. I would love the cheesy naan too. Yes I can see the red chili in the photo, hidden by the side. Did you buy any food for the children from this shop?

suituapui said...

I love that plate!!! The blue & white - I also have one! LOL!!!

Green Hill? Is it at the back? I vaguely remember a Ceylonese restaurant there. Never tried. Looks good. I sure would want to drop by if I had the chance - I'm more adventurous these days, not like before.

I did go to the Chinese restaurant in the area, can't remember the name -for the suckling pig. Used to stay at Harbour View.

Rose world said...

I heated up leftover from lunch. The kids did took some naan.

Nux V said...

Deepavali eat briyani...got festive vibes🤭

Diana Diane Teo said...

I never knew there is a Ceylonese Restaurant in Green Hill. Thanks for sharing this. If I have the chance to go back Kuching, definitely this will be in my list. So long I never have cheese naan. Kinda craving for it now.

Angie's Recipes said...

Food looks really yummy!

mun said...

Good that they eat naan.

Libby said...

I would enjoy the naan too from the look of it and the way you describe it with warm cheese that melts in your mouth. Yums!

Nancy Chan said...

The food looks delicious. I am reminded that I haven't have naan for a long time. The last time I had was before the pandemic. I love cheesy and garlic naan. Yums.

The Yum List said...

I am such a carb addict. Have my eye on the bread.