Monday, February 8, 2021

Different affair

CNY is this Friday! Are you ready for it?

This year would be a very different affair at home for us. No big celebration, and my mum-in-law is not coming over to Kuching due to MCO in Kapit. 

This year I will be cooking something for the reunion dinner at home. However we will be having a reunion lunch on the eve at my parents' house. 

Hubby bought 2 kg of big prawns home the other day and I had done cleaning and deveining them. If you ask what would be my menu for reunion dinner, I have a menu in my mind. Maybe I will stick to it or maybe not. We will see when the day comes. I promise that I will blog about it then. 

No malls hopping and shopping for new attires this year. All our CNY clothings were bought online.  I even got myself and Jan few footwear from online shop. 

And no, we would not be overloaded ourselves with snacks, cookies and canned drinks this year. We only bought the stuff that we enjoy.  


We received gift of butter cookies and pineapple rolls from a friend last month. I have been enjoying the pineapple rolls since then as I could not resist it. 


Other gifts from hubby's friends. More goodies to munch on! 

And another tub of pineapple roll from another friend. I am overloaded with it this year!! 

I have a thing for pineapple tarts or rolls and I only buy them on CNY so it is an indulgence for me once a year. I bought this (RM30), snowy milk balls (RM28) and cornflake with raisin and cranberry cookies (RM25) from a friend, to show a little support to her.

Not much spring cleaning as I am busy with kids' homeschooling and they themselves have their hands full every weekdays. 

For the coming festive season, we will be staying as much as indoor as possible. Strict SOP on house visiting so we would not be visiting or inviting anyone over. Psst, can save a lot on ang pow money too!! Lol! 

Hope everyone has a safe and as happy as possible a holiday season!

8 comments:

suituapui said...

So many gifts!!! We have to make our own or else we would hardly have much to enjoy. I also bought 2 kg of prawns - pek hay, the seawater ones (not the freshwater udang galah) - that day, it was RM38 a kg. Yes, cleaning and preparing it is such a chore!!!

Nux V said...

yay! cookies!!!

Diana Diane Teo said...

I also just got prawn too for this coming CNY.

Just like you, I will eat pineapple tarts on CNY only and this year, mom baked herself instead of buying.

Looking forward for your reunion dinner post.

mun said...

Wise decision to just stay home and no visiting except for the reunion lunch. Wow! So many cookies received. Enjoy them!

Reanaclaire said...

I like tarts too... finished one tub already... hahaha.. don't want to buy anymore, still got other snacks to eat until gain weight.. hahaha
Yes, stay safe!!

Nancy Chan said...

Looks like you have received plenty of CNY goodies to enjoy even though you didn't buy much. This CNY will be more of a close family affair due to SOP. Happy CNY and stay safe.

Libby said...

I like pineapple tarts too, one container almost finished. We also received CNY goodies and snacks from family and friends. LOL on saving on Ang Pow money! Happy Niu Year to you and your family Rose!

Jennifer Davison said...

I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586