Sunday, January 31, 2021

Their favourite

Sorry, I somehow missed to post this but it is better to be late than never, right? 

Back to the time we spent in Kapit last month. On the day before we departed back to Kuching. Hubby brought us to this coffee shop, called Kampua Kiat Cafe. It belongs to one of hubby's classmates and since he had been telling us to visit him in his coffee shop, so we decided to do it before we left.

This Kampua Kiat coffee shop was the kids' favourite (as for Jan and Jay) as their grandpa used to bring them to have kampua for breakfast every time they were back to Kapit for year end holiday. So, you could said, the coffee shop guys knew my kids very well.

Empurau!! One of the murals spotted in Kapit (a shop next to Gelanggang Kenyalang) 

We parked our car at the Gelanggang Kenyalang where we had our roti canai goreng breakfast on the 2nd day. So it was not a very short walk and furthermore it was at one of the busiest street in the town, Jalan Tiong Ung Hong. But parking is a big problem in Kapit so if we found a parking, it was a blessing to take a walk to your desired destination.  Lol!

So, once we seated on 2 tables (due to SOP), hubby ordered the food from his friend. The coffee shop was packed with people, mind you, but we felt safe that time as Kapit was zero cases back then, before first case of Covid-19 came out sometime this month.

Our breakfast of kampua and pian sip.


What do you think of the kampua? Authentic Foochow kampua? 


I did not tasted the kampua, but I took the dry pian sip. The dumplings in soy sauce were alright; meaty filling and skin wasn't thick, which I liked.  I did finished the whole thing myself.

I did not know how much was the breakfast as hubby's friend insisted not to charge us for it. Thank you so much for the treat.

15 comments:

mun said...

So nice if your hubby's friend to give yourself a treat. can't believe that in kapit also parking is an issue. The empurau mural looks nice. Empurau is a specialty food in kapit?

mun said...

Only STP can tell whether or not the kampua Mee looks authentic. I wouldn't know.

Reanaclaire said...

I like kampua noodles and piansip anytime! Too bad there isn't any in Ipoh.. Kolo noodles yes, but it is franchise shop called Face to Face..

suituapui said...

Both look good! Very generous with the fried shallots. Here, they do not give anymore, too expensive, at best, just a pinch...spring onions too. These are hard times.

Was it because there was a road from Sibu now so parking was so difficult? Got cases in Kapit and Song and Kanowit now. Having the road connection may not be that much of a blessing, after all.

PH said...

The piansip looks nice. I would love to have a plate of it all to myself.

NARDtheNERD said...

wahhh looks sooo good and im hungry now :)

Ezvina said...

Heard so much about food in Kapit, 1 day I will go and try.

Sakuranko said...

Oh so interesting dish
xx

lina said...

Love that empurau mural!

Nancy Chan said...

Both the food look nice but which I have no chance of tasting them yet. So nice to be able to drop by to visit your hubby's friend and getting a treat from him.

Azka Kamil said...

Nice article guys :) have a nice day

Królowa Karo said...

The food is probably not to my liking, but the mural is beautiful :)

Nux V said...

the piansip looks good! very meaty and generous fillings!

Diana Diane Teo said...

Empurau - the most expensive edible fish right? My family & my husband keep telling me about this fish but we never try before. Hahaha

The foochow kampua looks good to me. And I really miss eating kampua now cause long time no eat Kampua. Hard to find in KK here

Jennifer Davison said...

I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586