Friday, January 1, 2021

The market place

(First of all, I am wishing all my blogger friends and readers A Happy New Year. May 2021 be a much better year for everyone!!) 

Kapit market is a place to visit when you are in Kapit. You may find interesting stuff, jungle produces, exotic meats and something that only can be found in Kapit itself.

I always liked to visit the market place when I was back here, so this round was no exception. The only problem may be the parking. Not easy to find parking nearby and one may need to walk far. 

After our breakfast, we walked further down to Market Teresang and nearby stalls to digest our food and feed our eyes with what the market had to offer. Indeed, it never failed us.

Some photos I took while we were there and also an old Chinese temple next to it. 

Semah fishes

Wild boar

Kasam pork

Kasam fish

Civet cat?? 
Bananas

A Chinese temple


We bought a container of kasam fish for my mum. This seller was well known as her kasam was good and she packed her kasam well in air tight container. My mum never tried fish made into kasam before. She used to take pork kasam in the past. I passed over the kasam to her on Monday. Hope she like it. 


10 comments:

suituapui said...

Ooooooo...wild boar!!! I want!!! Should have asked you to buy that day, pass to me in Sibu on your way back!

Nancy Chan said...

I wonder how the kasam pork and fish taste like. I like the reddish bananas. Happy New Year to you and yours.

mun said...

I have to Google the meaning of kasam. It means preserved or fermented. You didn't ask what it is? The teeth looks too big for civet cat. Could it be a dog instead? So gruesome.

mun said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! May you all be blessed with good health and happiness and love and peace and prosperity!

Rose world said...

I know what is kasam. Yes. Preserved meat, stnky. I dont eat it. My mum likes it as a relative used to buy when he worked in Kapit many years ago during her younger days.
Fish kasam is rare those day. Usually they preserved pork.

Iwona said...

I love bananas :)
Have a great day :)

mun said...

Oh, sorry I wasn't clear. I know you know what kasam is. I didn't know what kasam is so I had to google for the answer.

You didn't ask what it is question is referring to the carcass u mentioned as civet cat. I wonder could it have been a dog instead by the size of its teeth. You didn't ask what animal carcass it is?

Diana Diane Teo said...

Wondering what's kasam and I have to Google it.

And that civet cat? Not for the faint-hearted person to view it.

Twilight Man said...

OMG! The cat or dog gave me goosebumps! LOLOL


HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and family.

Jennifer Davison said...

can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586