Monday, March 16, 2020

That Sunday

It was a Sunday. And happened to be International Women's Day. I had a nice, relaxing day as I didn't do any cooking that day. A rare break for this mummy. Lol. 


Early start that day, we went for breakfast in Nanyang Food Court. Then crossing the road to Emart for our monthly grocery shopping. And we bumped into a group of SUPP giving out flowers to women shoppers at the entrance, and that included me!! :)  Not real flower, but it quite good to receive a flower when you least expected it, right?? 

Anyway, our list of activities that Sunday also included the girl had study session with a friend in our house, hubby treated me to a body massage in Tribal Remedy in the afternoon. And a simple dinner in Big One Food Court, MJC.

We also invited Jan's schoolmate to join us for dinner after the girls finished their revision. Hubby did the ordering from Alice food stall. Although only us that ordered from the stall that time, it took quite sometime for our food to be ready. Understandable as an old lady mend and do all the cooking at the stall. 


Anyway, after a long wait, our first dish came to our table. Butter chicken. Crispy and juicy chicken strips. 


Then came the pork belly with salted fish and fried omelette with onion. 

Both were alright, the pork belly was appetizing and went well with rice. 


Curry squids came next.  Hubby loved squids, even more fresh one. He commented the squids were not so fresh, but I thought they were fine to my standard. 

We had 2 vegetables for our dinner, namely stir fried midin and stir fried manicai with egg. Both were my favourite, well cooked. 


RM46 for our dinner plus 6 plates of rice and a plate of fried noodle (which I didn't take photo of). Cheap, cannot complained much there. 

9 comments:

suituapui said...

They say Tribal Remedy is good, never tried. The dishes all look kind of pale, must be the indoor lighting. I've a post - still hanging on to it as the photos do not look so good in the indoor lighting. :(

Nux V said...

wow...the meal is so cheap! kudos to that old lady who prepared the dishes alone.

PH said...

It's always nice to receive flowers even if it is a fake one!

Iwona said...

I love vegetarian food :)

Libby said...

I always love to receive flowers, they brighten up my day!

The price is so good with so many dishes with 6 plates of rice and one plate of noodles. Cannot get that kind of price here in sg, haiz.

mun said...

So many dishes so the price is a good price! I like the omelette dish best.

Jaz said...

I gave my mum a gift that is living room renovation into the style that she dream of a long time ago and she is the happiest person in the world! Great post and keep writing!

Reanaclaire said...

Today is the 17th.. tomorrow I guess we have to do our own homecooking.. I like the two types of greens!

Twilight Man said...

It's nice to be pampered with a good massage. I need one so badly after boxing but the lockdown has started today. My poor legs!

All the food you guys ate looked yummy to me esp the Curry Squid and fried vegetables.