Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Flat!

My bread making adventure continued when I got my breadmaker. 

School holiday was spent at home, with me experimenting with the breadmaker and trying out recipes that I found online. 

For my 2nd attempt, I was following GoDairyFree's recipe. Eggless, milkless and butterless white bread. 

And my bread turned out looked like this!! A flatbread! 3cm thick loaf of flatbread.


It was a mix of emotion for me. Happy and disappointed at the same time. Happy that the bread's texture looked and tasted like bread; crust was not burnt and hard while thr inside was soft and not too dense. But disappointed that it was not thick enough, not like the normal white bread we buy and eat. 


Tasted good when it was eaten while it was warm.  We had this bread for afternoon snack. We ate it like that; it was sweet and tasty. Hubby enjoyed it with his lamb stew which I cooked for dinner.

I will keep on baking bread. As they said, practice makes perfect. Any tips and advices, I appreciate them.

I found an interesting blog on the author's baking experience and his theories on why the bread came out flat. 

13 comments:

suituapui said...

Keep at it, practice makes perfect!

Natalia said...

You will get better, I love making bread, with yeast or sourdough. I have a super easy to follow European bread recipe that I posted on Sunday, video included. Check it out, if you like that idea, cos it works everytime.have a lovely day☺

Twilight Man said...

I believe it has something to do with your yeasts. My wife tried the second time and it became perfect ever since as the bread makers are very good servants to save your time. Later on you will start adding muesli, nuts, raisins and herbs. You might get addicted until you open a bakery shop. Lolol

Libby said...

Bread and lamb stew, perfect combination!

The Yum List said...

Ha ha, I had a bit of a disastrous day of bread making too. Will post the photo later this week.

Sharon D. said...

I feel you, Rose. It happened to me too xx Fighting!

Nux V said...

wah, home-baked bread...nowadays shortage of bread, it's good to have own bread maker!

PH said...

Oh! It looks like the dough did not rise enough. Could be due to the yeast not active. I have not attempted bread but made buns before. Worth the effort but I am just too lazy.

Reanaclaire said...

I used to use Khind bread maker but has conked out last month. Must follow the menu accordingly.. normally water in first followed the others..

Nancy Chan said...

I haven't have the chance to use a bread maker. Bread dipped in lamb stew is so yummy-licious!

Gita said...

Keep it up! Practise makes perfect!

Ezvina said...

No tips from me.
But you can do it! Don’t give up.

mun said...

sounds tasty enough. keep making bread and soon you will get what you want.