Thursday, January 30, 2020

Well fried

It was the Sunday before Chinese New Year. Rained that morning but hubby and I had to go to the wet market to buy some meats and grocery for the CNY. 

As expected, the market was packed with people. We quickly did our shopping and then headed back to our area. However before we went home, we made a stop at this coffee shop. Somehow, this place has become our favourite breakfast place as it was newer, cleaner and the food was nice. 


This round, hubby tried the chu char stall that I ordered before. I enjoyed its fried food. I tried its fried mee hoon and tomato crispy noodle in the past. Both were good. 


Initially hubby wanted Foochow fried noodle with a fried egg on top but somehow the order didn't turned out what he wanted. But surprisingly, hubby enjoyed and liked this plate of noodle very much. Enough 'wok hei', he commented. Now, there is a new dish on the menu!! Lol. 


As for me, I stayed loyal to my tomato gravy noodle but this round, I had kway teow instead. The gravy was sour yet sweet and appetizing at the same time. The kway teow was well fried to perfection as I could detect the 'wok hei' taste.

Both of us enjoyed our Sunday breakfast, without the kids around. Now my kids hardly want to go out if they could. I don't mind a little peace and quiet so I could enjoy my breakfast with my other half. ^^

6 comments:

suituapui said...

Batu Kawa - I have never ventured to that part of the woods. LOL!!!

PH said...

I enjoy fried noodles and rice that have the "wok hei" aroma, something we can't achieve at home.

Nancy Chan said...

Tomato gravy noodle is new to me. Have yet to taste it.

Libby said...

The tomato kway teow looks good and appetizing.

mun said...

guess wok hei brings magic to a dish for you both. so good to enjoy breakfast just the two of you. just like courting days.

Reanaclaire said...

I like your husband's choice too!