Monday, February 3, 2020

First this year

Busy Tuesday, few days before CNY. Did some cleaning and wiping with my girl in the morning. 

Around 11am, we went to this food court in Stapok for lunch. We have not been to this food court for quite sometime. This was definitely our first visit this year. 

Our lunch that morning. 

Fried mee hoon for my girl. She loved the fried mee hoon from the char chu stall. Enough wok hei, neither too dry and oily. RM3.50 for this plate of fried mee hoon. 


I had recovered from my cough and flu, so I was craving for something flavourful and spicy. Option of Sarawak laksa or curry mix rice. Ended up I went for the curry rice. I missed the curry rice here. 



RM6 for my lunch as I asked for an egg. RM5 for normal portion without fried egg. 

After we were done, I drove Jan to her school. Then, drove to the boys' school. As I was almost there, an unidentified mobile phone number called me. I didn't picked it up at first. I don't answer such calls normally but since it called me the 2nd time, I decided to answer it. 

Luckily I did, as it was from the courier service guy. He had a parcel for me but since I wasn't at home, he was nice to tell me that he will put the parcel next to my shoe rack. 

My first parcel this year was from Diana of Travel & Living Journal of DT blog. I was expecting her mail but least expected was her gifts. I didn't expected to receive so many gifts from her. 


Souvenirs from places she had been to. Thank you so much for the gifts, Diana. More travelling and wonderful 2020 to you. 


10 comments:

suituapui said...

I wanna try that curry rice! Been looking for a good one since I found that my favourite in the 70's isn't nice anymore.

Iwona said...

Lovely gifts :)

Diana Diane Teo said...

You're most welcome and I hope you like the gifts. So coincidentally, I also went Stapok for dinner with my family last week. It's my first time to Stapok. I actually love Sarawak curry rice, besides kolo mee. Now I know where should I head to for a plate of delicious curry rice in Kuching.

Nux V said...

the curry rice looks good even without the egg topping...RM6 is a very reasonable price coz it has generous portion of pork!

PH said...

Such a nice lunch and wonderful gifts!

mun said...

The curry rice looks so satisfying! So nice of Diana to send you these wonderful gifts.

Nancy Chan said...

So wonderful to receive CNY gifts.

Libby said...

The curry rice looks good, i will add a fried egg like you too. So nice of diana to send you so many gifts.

Libby said...

The purse/wallet she bought looks so exotic and nice.

lina said...

Glad to hear you recovered from your cough and flu.