Monday, April 29, 2019

Big Bad Wolf is back (and it is bigger)

Yes! All you Kuching bookworms and book lovers, the much anticipated book sale of the year is back and it is bigger than last year!!


The book sale is currently held in Mydin Hypermart Petra Jaya from 25 April to 5 May, from 10 am to 12 midnight.

In case you are wondering where is Mydin Hypermart Petra Jaya, you could use Google Maps for direction. We were not familiar with that area so thanks to Google, we were able to find this mall with ease. It took us around 30 minutes from our place to reach this new Mydin Mall. 


Excited?? Yes, I was. I was so looked forward to this book sale as I didn't get much last year. 

Last Saturday, we woke up early, had our breakfast and headed straight to Mydin Petra Jaya. Since it was our first visit to this new mall, we were a bit lost looking for the venue. Thankfully the BBW has stationed few ushers in the strategic spots in the mall to inform their customers on the location and direction.


The BBW venue was in lower ground, the basement car park. If not for the big BBW lighted sign, we wouldn't be able to find the place. The venue was packed (as expected) when we arrived around 11am, and we wasted no time but to browse and hunt for books that were interesting and captivating.


Big Bad Wolf Books Kuching sale offers 75-95% discounts on selected books. Advised to be there earlier or off peak hour to avoid massive crowds and long queues.








Soon our cart was filled up with books!! One full cart. We couldn't get going anymore as more crowds were coming in.  So, how long did we spent in BBW Kuching?? More than 2 hours.


And we spent RM676.00 on 37 books! Wow. Our loots, happily sitting in our car.


A peek on some of our books. Mostly heavy, hard cover books. Nice collection for our book shelf. And I can't wait to read my novels.


So guys, if you haven't been to BBW or plan to get some good titles at affordable price, do head over to Mydin Petra Jaya soon as BBW would be there till 5th May!!! Happy shopping!

For more information, do check out the BBW Facebook page.


20 comments:

mun said...

wow! are the books you bought enough to last you till end of this year.

Small Kucing said...

when are you going for second round. 1 round is never enough as they will keep on replenishing new titles

suituapui said...

I saw a pre-loved shop in KK, all the old books. If only there is one here, can send all my girl's books there. The last time we cleared the shelves, they filled a few boxes and we sent them to her former school, donate to their library.

Iwona said...

Great sale :)

Rose world said...

I hope so. Havent been reading much lately. Busy with kids so hope to kick my reading habit back.

Rose world said...

Dont know. Too far for me. Haha. But I am pleased with my buy.

Sakuranko said...

Oh thanks for the information darling
xx

Twilight Man said...

WoW! Wow! You spent RM676.00 on 37 books! Hope your family will enjoy the books after all we can submit the receipt for tax-claims. Knowledge has no expiry dates.

Nancy Chan said...

Cultivating a love for reading from young is good. I have been to BBW once but didn't buy anything.

Diana Diane Teo said...

I didn't know there's a Mydin in Kuching. Should check it out when I'm going Kuching again. So cool that finally Big Bad Wolf has finally arrived in Kuching. Cause last time I only heard it's available in KL.

Diana Diane Teo said...

I just told my brother who is currently living in Kuching about this BBW and he himself also doesn't aware of this. Thanks a lot for sharing this. I urged my bro to immediately go and check out the books especially the Marvel one..Hehehe

stevevhan said...

Wow this is huuuuuggeeee! I really love seeing books and bookstores and sales!From this post seems you really had a blast!

PH said...

Good to know that you are a book lover too!

The Yum List said...

They have one of those sales over here too!

Blackswan said...

After hearing so many of you talking about this book sale, I gotta catch it someday....... xoxo

Reanaclaire said...

Oh, I like going to these big big book stalls! My recent one was Popular where I could get one fiction book for RM5 and I bought 20 over books... can last me for some time!

Ezvina said...

What RM600+? That's a lot!

They don't have box sale this time?

Rose world said...

I dont see any so I guess no.

Libby said...

Wow that is a lot of money spent on books.

Minda said...

Hey guys, aside from big bad wolf event, would you mind share some home events? I am searching for studio apartment reno contratcor. Please share with me if you have any info.