Thursday, August 16, 2018

Full house

Back in 2015, this well-known Penang fried kway teow guy mentioned of moving out from this Full House Food Court, MJC.  I tried his cooking once back then and never go hunt for him even though he moved away.

However, not so long ago, someone posted on this place's Penang fried kway teow and it made me wonder whether it was the same operator. I don't really remember how he looks like since it was back in 2015 but somehow I knew he wasn't that tall; rather small-built. And not many on his menu then.

Anyway, whether the same guy or not, many good reviews on his stall and food. And since I stay in this area, no harm going over and check it out.

So happened, my sister went over few weeks ago to try its fresh duck egg fried kway teow and she sang praises of the noodle. That stirred my craving for fried kway teow! Lol.

Fresh duck egg fried kway teow

So one evening, we went there for dinner. We didn't expect a full house, but we were able to find a decent table.

Hubby and I went to order from the Penang fried kway teow stall which was next to the char zhu stall.

We had this mixed pork soup, which was flavorful. Nice to have on a lovely, cold evening.
Mixed pork soup

Hubby also ordered the radish omelette from the char zhu stall as side dish.


Everyone had the fried kway teow that evening. Extra pork lard, no chilli. Really, really good with enough wok hei. It was nice and everyone enjoyed the dinner that evening. We wouldn't mind coming back for it or when I don't feel like cooking on a Sunday night. ^^

Hubby's special - with fresh cockles, extra lard

Normal fried kway teow



11 comments:

Blackswan said...

Lots of cockles for me, pleeeeeese! xoxo

Nancy Chan said...

I don't mind having the crispy lard but not too oily. Hubby would request for cockles!

suituapui said...

I sure would love to go and give it a try too. The soup looks gorgeous!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Hi Rose.
I'm a fan of char kuey tiaw n it's not easy to find a good one. Luckily, i found a nice char kueh tiaw near my house at 12th mile. You can try it there too.

mun said...

I would ask for char kway tiow with no lard. your char kway tiow must taste so very good!

The Yum List said...

Ooh I really like the light in your night shots.

Imemily said...

i like char kuey tiao too with lots fresh cockles and de-shelled prawns

PH said...

I had CKT today but it was disappointing.

Libby said...

I love my ckt with lots of fresh big cockles and extra lards.

The Yum List said...

I'd like to try the radish omelette.

Sharon D. said...

Totally making me hungry here - that soup, the CKT ...haih ..the lap cheong is exciting me too, haha!