Monday, August 20, 2018

38 again!

We were at this 38 Food Street again, but with my father-in-law and brother-in-law on Saturday morning.

School holiday just started but we were early so no huge crowd then.


I saw the pan mee stall next to the ayam penyet stall, so I decided to have pan mee soup.

RM5 for my super comforting pan mee soup. Nothing to shout about, but it felt good to have. Something light and not too oily to digest.


I was been greedy, also ordered these from the Nyonya kuih stall. One sio pau (meat bun) and steamed pumpkin kuih. I couldn't finish them all so I tapau-ed them home.


We also shared this cha kueh. But it was sweet, I expected salty type.

In my every visit here, I tasted different food from different stalls. More stalls to try if I ever drop by here again.


12 comments:

suituapui said...

Pumpkin kueh looks good. Sweet? So far I've only had the salty ones, chai thow kueh - fried Chinese carrot cake, right?

Nux V said...

Yummmmmm….all my fav! I prefer the fried carrot cake to be savoury instead of sweet....

lina said...

Food looks good.

Nancy Chan said...

I don't mind eating pan mee in soup, sio pau and savoury cha kueh. Not so keen on pumpkin kueh because it tends to be on the sweet side.

mun said...

The cha kuek looks like omelette. pumpkin cakes look good.

Reanaclaire said...

I like all the food you ordered! Yes, I would come by here again if I were you.. try out the others as well...

PH said...

Glad you had a nice meal. I also cannot resist ordering kueh. So nice to eat!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I tend to be greedy too, usually will eat more than I can eat...

Merryn said...

The pan mee with cangkuk manis leaf looks good. Every once in a while I'll have to eat this if Ayden can't finish his meal.

Libby said...

There are two types of char kweh, the dark type is the sweet version with dark soy sauce whereas the salty version is white in colour.

I like all the food you had here.

Small Kucing said...

I could do with a bowl of pan Mee now. Food there looks pretty good

The Yum List said...

Hee, hee. At first I thought you meant someone was turning 38 again (not willing to move closer to 40) ;-)