Sunday, May 27, 2018

An-yong (Hello), Seoul Garden

One Sunday we went to Aeon Mall for lunch. We didn't have any ideas on what and where for lunch but we were rather not going to Food Avenue again because the food was so so only.


However the outlet next to it caught our attention the first time we were in Aeon Mall.  Seoul Garden. Telling you the truth, it has few outlets in Kuching but never have we tasted its food. So I guess it was time to do so that afternoon.


After looking through its menu (English and Korean words with description), we placed our order through the ipad on the table. GST was still implemented.


Soon, the food was served on our table. Only few tables taken so the serving time was short.


We didn't dare to order much as worried the kids wouldn't know how to enjoy the Korean dishes.

Namul platter (RM3.90)

Namul platter to start off our lunch with water spinach, kim chi cabbage and prickled cucumber.

Marinated beef hot plate (RM16.90)

We ordered this hot plate beef which we really enjoyed. It was good and tender. The mushrooms that came along with the beef were nice as they've absorbed all the tasty marinade and sauce.

Ginseng chicken (RM25.90)

One thing that I missed about Korean cuisine was its ginseng chicken. We had the whole spring chicken stuffed with rice and herbs back in Korea but in Seoul Garden, we got a thigh for our ginseng chicken.

Taste-wise, the soup was comforting with the strong taste of herbs especially ginseng. The chicken was so tender that it fell off from the bone easily. They also gave us a small saucer of pepper salt mix in case we needed extra taste.

Miso seafood hot pot (RM21.90)

Another soup dish, Miso seafood hot pot. For those who love miso soup, this soup is definitely for you. Lala, scallops, squids and prawns were the ingredients other than cabbage to make the soup tasty.


We ordered 2 small plates of cold noodles for the boys while a bowl of white rice and a bowl of kimgaru rice.
Kimgaru rice (RM3.00)

I had most of the kimgaru rice as I like the seaweed flakes in the rice.

And if in the past when you asked me to have Korean food, I would immediately said "no". However a visit to Seoul Garden has slightly changed my perception towards Korean cuisine. I think I wouldn't mind going there again for a taste of Korean if someone asks me to. ^^

By the way, I knew the lady owner is a Korean. True, pure Korean. Used to be a tenant of my boss in my previous employment. Not sure she is still in charge or not but I believe she has passed down the cooking skill to her staff well. The taste is authentic to me. Based on my holiday memory in Korea. ^^

16 comments:

lina said...

Nice food you had there.

Merryn said...

I must visit this place too as just like you, I always answer I dont really like Korean food. I am more of a Japanese fan.

mun said...

Good to hear you have acquired the taste for korean food.

Imemily said...

i like korean food too
i thought seoul garden is buffet style
my favourite all time would be bibimbap

Libby said...

The Kimagaru rice looks tasty and interesting

suituapui said...

I've heard of this place, food looks really good and that's saying a lot since I am not really into Korean.

Blackswan said...

Pretty reasonable place to have a casual meal. Love Korean Ginseng Soup! xoxo

PH said...

There's one at the mall here but I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

Nancy Chan said...

We seldom go for Korean because there are very few here. Your orders for lunch look good!

Królowa Karo said...

Food looks very tasty!

The Yum List said...

I do enjoy Korean cuisine.

Reanaclaire said...

Hi Rose, sorry for not coming by for the last couple of weeks, please forgive me :) Busy, busy.. here and there.. and yes, I took Korean food too last week.. I like their pickled radish and other side dishes among the BBQ meat..

IreneC said...

We have this eatery here in Ipoh too, but we have not been adventurous enough to give it a try. Now, after reading your blog post, we may well do that one of these days.

Twilight Man said...

It is wonderful that the Korean lady boss could train her local staff well to keep the authentic taste of Korean dishes.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I eat Korean food, but not into it...

Sharon D. said...

Looks really delicious, Rose. That soup calls to me - mouthwatering!