Monday, September 30, 2013

Steamed Empurau

When I sent pictures of my meals to me friends, they said I am 'hor mia' (good life in Hakka). haha. Everyday I would have either red wine chicken soup and/or kacangma, a veggie dish and steamed fishes. White pomfrets or empurau. 

Do you eat your confinement food hot? I do. I learn this rule from my first CL who told me to switch off the air con, drink the kacangma/soup first then start eating rice and dishes. So my air con is not on 24hr a day.  But I am sure to sweat like a tap water after each meals because of the heat from consuming those soups. lol.

MIL brought few slices of the Empurau fishes from Kapit last Monday and CL has been cooking empurau for me since then. I did not know she was bringing some of this infamous fish slices in till my SIL told me so because FIL told her. And when I shown my hubby the picture of my steamed empurau, he was complaining he had to eat salted egg in economy rice in his company's hostel canteen last week. Well, I guess that I got to enjoy the good food as I were the one going through pregnancy, delivery and confinement. Lol. I like Empurau but you need to be patient when eating it because of its bones.


 CL just throw lots of gingers and garlic on top of the fish and add few tbsp of red wine and sesame oil. Sometimes she will add few pinch of salt.

Yummy, right? 

And I always finish my plate. Left those bones only. *wink*



14 comments:

Small Kucing said...

I heard Empurau very expensive wor....Yeah eat more fish is good for healing and also for milk

Rose world said...

Dont know how much per kg now but my MIL has supply in Kapit. I think the empurau is the most expensive fresh water fish in Msia, correct me if I were wrong.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

wow! the most expensive fish.

wenn said...

fish is good..enjoy your dish!

Mummy Gwen said...

Ooh...the fish looks yummy. :)

mun said...

You are so lucky that your MIL is so caring. I have never eaten Empurau fish before. Is it very tasty?

I found someone online said the price is RM800/kg. So expensive!

Rose world said...

Damn expensive hor? The flesh is very sweet and tender. The best part is the stomach area.

suituapui said...

Ooooo...they call it wang pu liao...or is it yee nang wang?
Soooo expensive - only for the rich. Sobssss!!!!!!

Rose world said...

Is it? I didn't know it has nicknames. haha.

Sharon D. said...

You're tempting us with a lot of yummy home cooked meals. I almost wish I can stay over for a bite! ^.^

Rose world said...

If you are coming over then I must prepare a feast. :)

Merryn said...

I guess the food I eat during confinement and what I did after that defeat the purpose already. I'll eat those food that warm up my body but I'll eat in a cold, cold room with aircond to avoid sweating! LoL! I kenot tahan sweat during confinement so the aircond is ON 24/7.. @_@

Yee Ling said...

Empurau is a very expensive fish I reckon. But I don't like fish with lots of bones...

Enjoy ur delish food, ok

Chua said...

Not really! RM280/kg only.