Sunday, July 24, 2022

Warm

We were back to Xin Xin Wang for our Saturday breakfast.  Nothing unusual for hubby and Jan as both ordered their favourite sandwich and breakfast set. I, being the adventurous one, will go for different dish whenever I drop by here.


That morning, I went for the tomato crispy mee RM6 for my breakfast. Yes, tasted as good as ever. Portion was just nice, although can see it has shrunk slightly with lesser ingredients but nevertheless, it remained one of my favourite tomato crispy mee in Kuching. 


Just when the kids and I were recovering from flu, fever and cough bouts, it was hubby's turn to get the virus. He went to see doctor while he was in Sri Aman. Slept most of the weekend away when he was at home and then he was craving for a nice porridge on Saturday afternoon. Fish porridge was his craving so he went to browse through Grab app to find his option. 


Somehow he ended up ordering minced meat with century egg congee  (RM20) from Chok Kar Chong. Medium portion that fits for 2 - 3 persons and plus RM2 delivery fee, it was RM22.


Arrived around 30 minutes later and the congee was still warm and nice to take. Hubby took some before took his nap. I also took a small bowl of it and yes, it was nice and comforting. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give me the tomato crispy Mee anytime, no half baked western wannabe for me, thank you very much

Anonymous said...

Now how did I become Anonymous? Actually you can buy very nice gourmet sausages at many places in Kuching. So nice, not like the supermarket ones!!!

Angie's Recipes said...

I miss century eggs terribly!!! That's a great breakfast.

mun said...

Oh, I wonder is the Chok kar Chong same as the Chok Kar Chong here. Many of my friends also are having cold symptoms and test themselves using home kits. Some get +ve and luckily all recovered. Did you all these using home testing kits to rule out cvd? Please take good care.

Nux V said...

when sick, a bowl of congee is so comforting....

Nancy Chan said...

I like crispy noodle but we don't have this tomato version here. Rice porridge is the best food for those who are not feeling well. Yes, influenza cases has gone up. Both my neighbours are also down with flu but they are very thoughtful, they quarantine themselves and stayed away from us to avoid spreading the flu to us.

Reanaclaire said...

Porridge is always the best solution when it comes to having flu or when we are feeling unwell...warm and comfort food for our stomach!

Skwermy said...

So sorry to hear that the flu is making its round through the family and hopefully your hubby feels better soon like with you and the kids! I miss Tomato Mee terribly and will note this is the place to go when I am back in Kuching at the end of the year. Have been missing food from home since I have not been back since the beginning of 2020

Rose world said...

Hope you get to fly back soon and enjoy all the food you miss and reconnect with your family and friends.

Twilight Man said...

Wow! The last time I ate this delicious tomato crispy mee was in Kota Kinabalu several years ago!