Thursday, November 12, 2020

Not the same

On my recent visits in past month, I ordered tomato noodle when I dined in this coffee shop. Same flavour but different noodle.


One time, the stall operator wrongly heard my order. I wanted the crispy noodle version but ended up with this noodle. My least favourite noodle! 

Anyhow it was slightly hard as not totally cooked. And the noodle definitely tasted weird in the tomato gravy. Not the same as with crispy noodle. 


Another time which was very recent, I decided to go for kway teow.  Yes, prefect plate of tomato kway teow. Enjoyable breakfast for me as I finished everything to the last bite. 

Next round I am back here, I will order its  tomato crispy noodle and hope they would not get it wrong. The last time I had it here was back in August! Kind of missing it. 




10 comments:

suituapui said...

The tomato kway teow sure looks a lot nicer.

Reanaclaire said...

Oh, never tasted tomato noodles before except for the Pontian type of noodles where they cook with tomato sauce..

Diana Diane Teo said...

I dislike tomato gravy served with noodle as I prefer kuey teow more. Luckily my mom constantly cook this dish, or else I will damn craving for it since cannot travel to Kuching now.

Merryn said...

I don't even remember how it's like to dine out anymore. I've not dined at hawker centres or restaurants since March this year :(

mun said...

The wrong noodle is which type? Cannot see clearly from your photo. Is it yellow noodles with alkaline taste?

Rose world said...

Yes

mun said...

Thanks for your confirmation. 😊 Have a good weekend!

PH said...

If I ever see tomato noodles her, I want to try.

Libby said...

I don't mind noodles or kway teow served with tomato sauce or gravy but must not be too sourish.

Twilight Man said...

I love all the tomato soup based noodles in Sabah and Sarawak. So yummy!!!