Monday, October 5, 2020

Beautiful Sunday

It was a nice, cold and beautiful Sunday. Cloudy with light breeze. Hubby and I went out around 8am for breakfast in Megabite Batu Kawa. The place wasn't crowded. 

I didn't feel like having the kolo mee here so I went for kueh chap. I requested lean meat, egg and skin for my kueh chap that morning. 


RM6 for my bowl of kueh chap. The broth looked diluted. It was mild, with slight herbal taste. Not that good, but it was alright to me to have early in the morning. 


After we were done with our breakfast and takeaway for kids, we went for a grocery shopping in emart. We did our shopping under 1 hour and went home with our loots. 


As we were leaving, hubby suddenly told me that he was craving for KFC! I didn't heard him wrongly. He wanted KFC chickens for lunch!! 

He was never a fan of KFC or fried chicken of sort, so it came as a surprise when he told me he wanted to have it for lunch. Many years that we are together, we have never dine in KFC. 

Anyhow that Sunday we went to KFC in emart and bought 3 set meals. Of course we requested for the original spice. 


For dinner, I used few chunks of this mackerel caught by hubby on his last trip. I love mackerels, especially fried. Just salt and pepper seasoning is good enough when the fish is fresh. 


Sometimes I added curry powder to marinate the fish to give it that extra flavour. 



Everyone liked my curried fried mackerel, I proudly said. Almost every week I would cook this.

That was how we spent our beautiful Sunday.  Eating and shopping.  






9 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

I don't mind having KFC once in a while. I too love curried fried mackerel or just plain fried mackerel.

Twilight Man said...

What a lovely and beautiful Sunday. The mackerel fish looks big!

I am not a big fan of KFC but my wife is.

Reanaclaire said...

Never tasted kueh chap before, famous in Penang... One day I might try tasting it despite the strong smell..

suituapui said...

That's my first priority when I go out to eat - "The place wasn't crowded." Lucky you! All that fish your hubby brings home, so so so very expensive these days.

mun said...

Love the big sheets of kueh chap "noodle". I like to eat original kfc. Y suddenly your husband idam eat kfc? Something trigger it?

Ezvina said...

wow, that's one big fish. I wish I have a freezer big enough to store such fish.

Nux V said...

I like KFC Original too! kueh chap hard to find here in KL.

PH said...

LOL! Now I also feel like having KFC!

Libby said...

Wow the fried mackerel looks good!