Monday, August 31, 2020

Miscellaneous Picture #100 : random August

 Upon my man's request, a big breakfast cooked by yours truly


Ordered the Bamboo Garden's metahorn (RM4.25) via FoodPanda. Too sweet to my liking.

On one of hubby's fishing trips this month


Fillet one of the fishes and made this comforting fish soup


My comfort food - Maggi curry flavour! 


After many months, we had our first hiking trip this year in Matang! 

A surprise birthday present received a week before my birthday from my sis and bil. 


I made a birthday cake for the birthday boy.  First time piping the chocolate wording on the plate. Recipe is here


14 comments:

suituapui said...

Great piping skill...better than what I had once at Secret Recipe!
Nice Big Breakfast platter! Lucky man! May take a while to cook , a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Reanaclaire said...

Nice food you have made, Rose! Happy Belated Birthday to you and your boy...

mun said...

Happy belated birthday to your son! Your piping words look nice! The fish fillet soup is so tasty! Big breakfast looks good! Hiking is so healthy!

mun said...

What is metahorn?

Rose world said...

Name of the dessert

Imemily said...

I also just resume my hiking trip
Never expected that there is still crowd here and there

Nux V said...

the dessert looks good though it might be too sweet....Maggi Kari is the best instant noodles!!

PH said...

Bog breakfast cooked at home is the best. What a cute cake and nice piping. Jay must be very happy. Love the trinkets that you got for your birthday!

mun said...

I wonder why name the dessert metahorn. Is there any meaning to it?

mun said...

Your sis and bil gave you jewellery so you must love the jewellery. Do you wear them for special occasions or casual wear?

Rose world said...

Wore the star and moon earrings on the day of my birthday when out dining. And last Saturday when I went out for breakfast.

Sharon D. said...

That maggi is really calling out to me on this rainy day, lol. Lovely jewellery, Rose. The big breakfast is always comforting. You did amazing with the cake - your piping so steady.

Libby said...

The piping wordings are so nice! Happy belated birthday to your boy. Delicious looking breakfast platter with baked beans, hash brown and luncheon meat.

Libby said...

The star and moon earrings and the pearl jewellery look so lovely. So thoughtful of your sis and bil.