Thursday, May 7, 2020

Hometown taste

My man missed his hometown sometime. Actually it has been a couple of years we went back to Kapit. 

One day, he wanted to make one of his childhood food. Fried shallots rice cake, as directly translated. 


It happened that one of his old classmates posted on the food and recipe in FB so my man suddenly craving for that hometown taste!! So on the day I went for grocery shopping, he asked me to buy some tapioca flour and rice flour. 


First time I tasted it. Not bad. Something like chee cheong fun but firmer texture. 

Easy to make and hassle-free recipe. 

Fried shallots rice cake

For rice cake:
220g rice flour
2 tbsp tapioca flour
800ml water
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/4 tsp salt or to taste

For sauce:
500ml water
60g fine sugar
2 to 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
Salt to taste

Fried shallots for topping


Methods:
1. Add all the rice cake ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Pour into steel containers. 
2. Place in a steamer and cook for 3 minutes under high heqt. Turn off the heat and take out the containers to cool down. 
3. The rice cake will cool down and harden. 


4. To prepare the sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pot. Cook and stir continuously until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and let the sauce cool down. 
5. Once rice cake has cool down, cut into smaller cubes. Pour the sauce all over. Add fried shallots (as much as you like!!) 
6. Serve and dig in.


14 comments:

suituapui said...

Yew chang koi, love it!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love that you made him the dish. Very cool.

Iwona said...

It looks delicious :)

lina said...

Look nice.

Reanaclaire said...

Wow... looks nice, yes, something like chee cheong fun. Tomorrow I might get a packet in my residential area here!

Diana Diane Teo said...

This dish really looks similar like chee cheong fun. Your husband really good in making this fried shallots rice cake.

Twilight Man said...

I remembered eating this many years ago during my many trips to Sabah and Sarawak. It tastes as nice as the traditional chee cheong fun. Now I will remember that it is from Kapit.

mun said...

I like to eat this rice cakes steamed too!

PH said...

I am very sure I would enjoy this! Looks like quite easy to make. But I am lazy to make the fried shallots.

Ezvina said...

Not sure if I had this before, but it make me miss chee choeng fun and yong tau foo.

Nancy Chan said...

I am not sure but I think I have tasted this before long time ago. The recipe looks easy to follow but my hubby may not like this.

Libby said...

This rice cake looks yummy with all the fried shallots.

Anonymous said...

obat pelancar haid
obat pelancar haid ampuh
jual obat pelancar haid
obat pelancar haid manjur
obat pelancar haid cytotec
obat telat bulan cytotec
obat aborsi asli cytotec
jual obat pelancar haid cytotec
jual obat telat bulan cytotec
obat aborsi asli
jual obat aborsi asli
obat aborsi asli cytotec
jual obat aborsi cytotec
jual obat penggugur kandungan
harga obat cytotec eceran
obat aborsi 1 bulan
obat aborsi 2 bulan
obat aborsi 3 bulan
obat aborsi 4 bulan
obat aborsi 5 bulan
obat aborsi 6 bulan
obat aborsi malaysia
jual obat aborsi malaysia
harga obat aborsi malaysia
obat penggugur kandungan malaysia
jual obat penggugur kandungan malaysia
obat aborsi hongkong
jual obat aborsi hongkong
harga obat aborsi hongkong
obat penggugur kandungan hongkong
jual obat penggugur kandungan hongkong
obat aborsi singapura
jual obat aborsi singapura
harga obat aborsi singapura
obat penggugur kandungan singapura
jual obat penggugur kandungan singapura
obat pelancar haid malaysia
jual obat pelancar haid malaysia
obat telat bulan malaysia
jual obat telat bulan malaysia
obat pelancar haid singapura
jual obat pelancar haid singapura
obat telat bulan singapura
jual obat telat bulan singapura
obat pelancar haid hongkong
jual obat pelancar haid hongkong
obat telat bulan hongkong
jual obat telat bulan hongkong

michelle said...

Depo 20ribu bisa menang puluhan juta rupiah
mampir di website ternama I O N Q Q
paling diminati di Indonesia,
di sini kami menyediakan 9 permainan dalam 1 aplikasi
~bandar poker
~bandar-Q
~domino99
~poker
~bandar66
~sakong
~aduQ
~capsa susun
~perang baccarat (new game)
segera daftar dan bergabung bersama kami.Smile
Whatshapp : +85515373217