Thursday, March 28, 2019

No spare parts, please

Last week, I had my 2nd visit to Everwin Kopitiam.


Saw someone posted on fb on this well known kueh chap so I decided to drop by one day with my girl before sending her off to school.

Apparently this kueh chap operator used to operate in Wisma Saberkas but I had never tried it. Curiosity kills cat, people said. And that was why I was eager to taste it out. So near to my place some more, so no harm going there. 


When I have kueh chap, I usually request for no spare parts in my kueh chap. So, no exception this time as I asked the operator to omit spare parts (internal organs) as I don't take them. And he was good enough to give more meats to substitute the spare parts. 


And I was marvelled when I removed the plastic spoon to reveal chicken feet in my bowl!! This was definitely first for me. Chicken feet in kueh chap. 


For RM6 (small) , it was nice and loaded with deliciousness. The broth was herbally but not overly strong to my liking. 

The best part was the chilli dipping.  Very hot. But I liked it. 


The only con was that they used plastic spoon and wooden chopstick. I never fancy disposable cutlery. Wish that they use the real spoon and chopstick.


Everwin Steamboat has opened for business for few months now. We haven't try it out yet. One day, when we feel like having steamboat. Opens daily from 9am. 

7 comments:

Libby said...

Some people prefer to use plastic cutlery as they find them more hygience.

mun said...

Look tasty! I don't mind the offals. Did you eat the chicken feet?

Reanaclaire said...

One day I must try the kueh chap..there is always a long queue at Kimberley street, Penang.

suituapui said...

The dip makes a whole lot of difference and if it is spicy hot, I sure would like...but of course, I would want the spare parts too! Slurpsss!!!

PH said...

I have never tried kueh chap before. For me, definitely will want spare parts. LOL!

Nancy Chan said...

No spare parts for me please but I don't mind the chicken feet.

Ezvina said...

I wanted to try the steamboat, but was put on hold when I saw the see the sign ‘no prok serve’ .