Friday, November 16, 2018

Walk, see, buy

It was a beautiful Sunday last week. We went to the other side of the city after breakfast to get some plants.


Crossing the calm Sarawak river to Kubah Ria centre. We only come here to buy some plants.

So last Sunday, we had a short walk at the market where all the plant stalls are located. 

I couldn't resist taking photos of some of the beautiful blooms.

Many lovely flowers around; so tempting to bring them home but alas, we came for some herbs.

And that was what we bought home. RM5 for 2 pots so we bought 4 (3 mints and 1 curry leaves).

After church and lunch, we went to Hills Shopping Mall for the yearly year end book fair.


Not many people browsing around, that was a surprise but never mind. We could browse through the collection with ease.

But we didn't buy many books this round. Somehow, I felt the collection wasn't that extensive compared to previous years but I did get few books for myself and few for the kids.


13 comments:

mun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mun said...

May your herbs grow well! Deleted the previous one because of the typo go instead of grow.

Diana Diane Teo said...

RM5 for two pots is dirt cheap. I also wish I could grow something but too bad, I'm not the type with green hands. Even my succulent plant can die one. =="

suituapui said...

I've got lots of curry leaves and right now, I'm propagating my mint - distributing in pots and hopefully, they will flourish and I will have lots!

Nancy Chan said...

The plants are selling very cheap.

Ezvina said...

Planning to go to Hills, but still belum jugak pergi.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I got no green fingers, can only admire plants, but can't buy them as only will harm them...

PH said...

I cannot resist buying plants!

Królowa Karo said...

Book fair is a paradise for me on earth :)

Libby said...

I like the second photo, such lovely bright blue sky.

Recently I have slowed down in reading, getting a bit lazy or maybe I was too busy chasing my K Drama, LOL.

May your plants grow well.

Have a good week ahead!

Twilight Man said...

Wow! The plants are so cheap! I thought my eyes read the price wrongly.

Sharon D. said...

Plants and books? Paradise! It's what I call a very fruitful day :D

Imemily said...

I got curry leaves at home, given by relatives, we just left it there without much care
but surprisingly it grows up well and comes with few little babies LOL
recently I have Angelonia which produces fragrance and also a herb at the same time