Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Not that nice

Everyone would remember the catchy song of this Chicken Rice shop from WM. And my kids would sing and giggle to the song when it is played on the radio.

It has its outlet in Vivacity Mall but we never did tried it out till a week ago.


It was a Tuesday and a public holiday so we went to the mall to catch a movie in TGV. After the movie, it was almost 2pm and we decided to settle our late lunch in one of the eateries. 

And we chose The Chicken Rice Shop since we had never given it a try and the place wasn't so packed.

After placing our order, we were served with our cutlery in this chicken basket.


Not long then, our dishes came out one by one. We had the set for 4 person for RM65.90 which consist of bbq chicken and roasted chicken as well as a plate of bean curd with crunchy toppings and a plate of stir fried bean sprouts.


The set also includes this plate of appetizer, pai tee. They were nice with the spicy dipping.

The kids had rice to go with the chicken but the adults decided to go with noodle. I went for the steamed chicken noodle which I enjoyed as the noodle was springy and seasoned.

If you asked me, would I be back again for the food? Maybe not. I much prefer to go to other eateries in the mall than having a chicken rice. 

Overall I thought the meats didn't wow-ed me. Our local outlet, SCR served better chicken rice and outside Chinese chicken rice tasted better and cheaper. Just for the sake of trying that afternoon. At least we had tried the chicken rice.

10 comments:

suituapui said...

I've been to The Chicken Rice Shop at Village Mall in Sg Petani and Berjaya Times Square in KL and yes, I did enjoy what they served and yes...like all franchises, I would not say it was anything to get me rushing back for more.

mun said...

I think it is due to auto correct that cutlery is turned into cruelties in a chicken basket! Lolx!

Twilight Man said...

LOL @ Mun's comment. I was dumbstruck a while too....
I normally enjoyed eating their curry chicken with rice after being intro by a friend.
I prefer to eat chicken rice with bean sprouts in those Ipoh outlets in KL.

Diana Diane Teo said...

I think so far, I've been to CHR less than 5 times perhaps cause it's quite pricey for me. I also prefer to eat at those Chinese chicken rice from the hawker center or food court instead.

Rose world said...

Ooops. Sorry for That. Haha. Amending the word.

Merryn said...

Dined at The Chicken Rice Shop quite some time ago. Taste wise is okay but rather pricey for chicken rice.

PH said...

I remember trying before some years ago and I was not impressed.

Libby said...

I think I have heard of this Chicken Rice Shop before

Nancy Chan said...

I think I have tasted the chicken rice 2x in KL. In Ipoh, we have our famous chicken rice at Pak Kong.

Imemily said...

nice, they have pai tee giving together :)