Friday, July 6, 2018

He asked for it

We had a casual Father's Day dinner after been feasting for few days with our KL friends. 

The big man wanted something simple and light like porridge and since it was his day, he chose the venue. In the end, we went to Woon Lam Cafe for dinner.

Why we went there? As far as I knew, there wasn't much at night in this coffee shop. Apparently I was wrong. My hubby used to patronize this cafe & bistro in the building next to the coffee shop and he happened to notice a new stall there one evening. Chok Kar Cheong recently opens its 4th branch in this coffee shop.

My man used to enjoy its congee in Tabuan Jaya and it has been ages since we went there for its congee.


So that evening, my man asked for his usual. Pork congee with 2 condiments, namely the salted mustard and pickled olive. He felt so contented with his dinner.


Other than porridge, they also have stir-fried and rice dishes on the menu. For my palate, I went for salted fish fried rice. It was amazingly satisfying and good.

Both Jan and I had fried rice but I went for salted fish while she had Chinese sausage version. Both of us left no grain untouched. You know how good the fried rice was.


My boys shared this big plate of fried kway teow. I tasted it, rather bland. Maybe the cook forgot to add some salt to it. Lol.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the casual Sunday dinner. Bet we would be coming back here whenever we think of good fried rice or comforting congee next time.

13 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

I like all the orders above... especially the congee, I can take two bowls of that anytime! :)

suituapui said...

Fried rice looks good, can't say the same about the kway teow. No salt, good...got kicap already mah. Best not to eat too much salt.

Libby said...

Your post title so cute, he asked for it, sounds like something bad, but actually it is something good LOL, I love pork congee too

IreneC said...

all the food looks yummy, including the fried koay teow, which u said was rather bland.

Yannie said...

I like the congee too.

Nancy Chan said...

Congee and fried rice with salted fish my favourites!

lina said...

Hahaha the title sounded like someone did something wrong and it was "padan muka" :P

shwet said...

All looks delicious and healthy!!

PH said...

Your man enjoys simple food. Mine loves porridge too :)

Sharon D. said...

I'm feeling the congee right now. Chilly, gloomy weather over here. It would be so satisfying.

Twilight Man said...

I realised that when salted fish is added into any fried rice, it would turn out very tasty and nice.

mun said...

I would like to try the char kway teow. Bland is ok with me.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I will go for the congee...