Monday, July 16, 2018

Cook our food

It was Saturday again! And that means, to binge on something as a family. Eat out!

We had our movie day that Saturday in Vivacity and after we were done, we went for an early dinner in the mall.

We spotted an outlet that we had not try before. Soi 19! Soi. As "lane" in Thai. So, we knew it was a Thai eatery.  And it was non-halal outlet that opened for business this year.


The place looked decent and clean enough and after looking through their menu, we decided to settle our dinner there.


We ordered a hot pot (moo kata) with pork and chicken set.


Soon, the stove came with the hot pot. Grill plate in the centre and shallow pot surrounding it.

And then, we were served with 3 types of dipping sauce.


Then, a plate of sirloin pork and chicken and another plate of mixed vegetables on our table.


So, without further ado, the cooking started. The kids did the cooking and mostly they enjoyed the cooking process more than eating. They were so happy to cook our food for once. Mummy and daddy just sat and enjoyed the food that they cooked. It was incredible to have them cook and serve us for a change. ^^


Worried that the set wouldn't be filling enough, we also had a plate of pad Thai, which was alright and sweet. They also served a small sauce of chilli flakes in case we wanted extra spice in our pad Thai. If you are wondering why the noodle looked messy, it was because it has been "tampered" before I took a shot of it. Lol.


If the pad thai was sweet, their pineapple fried rice was opposite. It was spicy. They added curry to the rice so the strong presence of curry in the fried rice.  I din't enjoyed it much. To me, I prefer sweeter pineapple fried rice, not curry taste. Maybe they had gone overboard with the curry in it.


Anyway, it was a change to have something different. A different cuisine once in a while. I don't mind. I like variety and find it is fun to get everyone to cook their own food. 


Soi 19 Thai BBQ and Steamboat is located at Level 3, Vivacity. Opposite Seoul Garden. 

14 comments:

suituapui said...

LOL!!! Ya, I did think they could have done a better job with the presentation of the the pad Thai!

Reanaclaire said...

Nice to sit back and be served, right? I normally do that when we go on this type of BBQ food thingy.. let the young and those who love cooking do the rest.. hahahaa

mun said...

Must be fun and relaxing to just sit back and let the children do the cooking! Very good idea! :D

Twilight Man said...

Yes you are smart. Soi is lane and Moo is pork.
I would love to eat that hot pot too.

The Yum List said...

Ooh looks like a yummy day out with the fam

Nancy Chan said...

I just had hot pot few days ago. My friend did the cooking and the rest of us just sat and ate. It was really relaxing!

PH said...

The pineapple fried rice I had also tasted of curry. That was what I did not expect. LOL!

Blackswan said...

I like Thai food too! Yummy! xoxo

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

I should try this one day.

Libby said...

I love Mookata and Thai Food! The plate of pork and chicken look very fresh.

Diana Diane Teo said...

Lately so many Thai restaurants in Kuching. I just went Black Canyon in AEON Mall last weekend.

Merryn said...

It's interesting to dine this way because the kids will be very occupied cooking their meals. I love pineapple fried rice but too bad they used too much curry powder in theirs.

Imemily said...

I like Thai food as well
The Thai shop I visit the most is Khun Thai in Cheras Jaya
The price is affordable. Example fried rice only RM6
no service charge and ambience is nice

Sharon D. said...

Aah... so much fun for the kids ^.^ I love the ambiance - it's calming.