Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Soup on impulse (non-halal)

Some days I see what I have in the kitchen and use up for my cooking. Do not want to waste anything. 

Like the other day, I were thinking of cooking soup as it was very chilling day that evening. So digging through my spices and ingredients rack, I thought of using red dates, gingko and black beans for my pork ribs soup. 

I wonder anyone cooked this soup before because I could not find anything on this in the internet. Luckily it turned out alright. Not too bad but next time, I will try it with chicken instead. I seldom cook pork at home but as hubby was here over the weekend, I cooked this pork rib soup as he prefers pork than chicken.


 Very simple recipe for my pork ribs soup with red dates, gingko and black beans. Soak all 3 ingredients for few minutes. For gingko, remove the inner bitter stuff in the nuts. 

In slow cooker, cook all 3 ingredients so gingko and black beans will soften before add in the blanched pork rib. Dash some white pepper and add salt to taste after add the pork. Let it cooks for another 1 to 1.5 hours before turn off the heat.

Serve it warm with white rice!!

14 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

I also always chuck anything I can find in the fridge in my soup.. As long as you have meat, then it's ok already.. Throw in some red dates, wolfberries, yok-zhok, kaotim already..

Small Kucing said...

same here....will korek the fridge and see what is in the fridge. pakai hentam

Anonymous said...

Wahhhh!!! Very nutritious. Must cook for hubby when he comes home. Will be tired after all the work and travelling, good for him.

Yee Ling said...

Soup for rejuvenating. Looks good especially with gingko.

Reanaclaire said...

Something new is born! Soup has no wrong or right.. as long as can be drunk, it is good!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I also, find in whatever i can find in the fridge...

Ezvina said...

If can eat, not bitter, all ok to me ;)

Sharon D. said...

If you're enjoying it, then I bet it's good! ^.^

Coffee Girl said...

Yum! easy and simple is usually tasty!

Hayley said...

I love soup, basically any type of soup...

mun said...

I like to eat the liao in the soup but not drink the soup.

ChrisAu said...

ahh... I love soup!! Just had mushroom soup few hours ago!

Merryn said...

I love soup. Any soup. But this black beans soup is one of my favourite. Yums!

Blackswan said...

Interesting, dear! My mom used to cook soup with black beans but I haven't seen anyone using that for years.......