Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sweet + Sour

That is how I feel now.

I know that "sweet" and "sour" are generally used to describe taste but it is how my heart feels.  Sweet, because I feel happy and delighted.  Sour, as in bitter like a sour lemon.  Let me explain here then you would understand my state of feeling.

Sweet
 
  • Hubby is been offered a new post in Sibu.  He may be transfering to Sibu in June.  And it means if the position is confirmed, the whole family will be relocating to Sibu for a year or two the least. I am happy that hubby finally able to get this promotion and it would be a great opportunity and breakthrough for his advancement in the future.
  • The kids are excited because it is in Sibu and they can have more times with their favourite aunt.  And grandparents can visit more as Kapit is just a river away.
  • A new place and a new adventure.  It means more places and food for me to explore in Sibu.

Sour
 
  • Although the kids are excited about moving to Sibu, my daughter is anxious about moving to a new school. She told me that she would like to stay in Sibu but would not want to go to school there.  I am as anxious as her about her fitting into new school. However after much coaxing from the grandma and aunt over the weekend, she has finally agreed to relocate to new school.  So my SIL will help to register both kids in new schools over there since we would only be going there in June. 
  • There would be a lot of things that I would be missing about Kuching. My parents.  My home. Kuching's good food.  Kuching's weather.  The comfort of staying in Kuching all my life!!   I know I would be homesick.  I honestly want to stay back in Kuching and do not want to disrupt the kids' schooling, but a part of me would like to be there for hubby as this position he is taking is a big one.
  • My baby would be born in Sibu and have my confinement there.  Luckily I have my SIL to help me, as in finding confinement lady and get around here and there. 
  • Not many people I known stayed in Sibu as mostly move out from the town. But I do have a female cousin which I have lost contact many years since she was married and stayed in Sibu. So it is a good opportunity to get in touch with her again after all those years.
 A big step for the family.  But if we stick together, everything will be okay I know.  Because God is always there for us, I know.  :) 


Philippians 4:6-7

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ.

6 comments:

LifeRamblings said...

congrats on your hubby's promotion. i hope you enjoy your new environment in Sibu. Here’s to being sweet and not sour. :)

wenn said...

sweet sorrow..but everything will be fine.

suituapui said...

Ahhhhhh!!!! Welcome, welcome, welcome to Sibu!!!! Not as happening as Kuching but definitely cheaper and more relaxing. VERY Chinese here - everybody in the town speaks Mandarin one - not so bad in Kuching...or Kapit.

You'd probably have to speak more English with your kids and expose them more to the language - tv shows, books, songs etc...or their standard will be very poor like many/most students here these days.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Yup. You'll be fine there. My brother-in-law had moved to Sibu and he likes it there.

mun said...

Congrats to your spouse on his promotion! I agree that as long as the whole family stick together it will be okay.

Ezvina said...

Don't worry, Sibu is just 6 hours drive away. And lots of great food in Sibu too.