Sunday, August 6, 2023

Side order

Come 17th this month, we are 2 months old!! I mean, my coffee shop. Time flies when one is busy. I can't even keep track of the times.

As I mentioned before, I rented out the food stalls to few tenants. For my part, I am in charge of the drink, baos and breakfast. Soon, my menu will be listed in Grab food app, so hopefully the business will pick up from there. 

For now we are serving walk-in customers but sometimes we do have takeaway for our drinks and baos. 

Kopi O Peng & Kopi C Peng 

Our coffee is well received; customers commented that the taste has improved. We had experimented with few coffee powders but glad we found the right one with the right mix, ended up with the right taste and consistency that customers enjoy and like. 


Other than coffee, our signature teh tarik peng special also receive praises. Those who love sweetened tea will agree and love this extra large glass of milk tea with overflowing foam. 

Besides coffee and tea, we serve local drinks and canned drinks as well. And some side order such as toast while customers waiting for their food from other stalls to be served. 



A coffee shop without roti kahwin is not a complete coffee shop. We called it roti kiap over here, because basically it is two slices of toast with one slice of spread butter and one slice of kaya, kiap (stick) together.  


Usually we have our roti kiap with soft-boiled egg seasoned with soy sauce and pepper. And that is a nostalgic breakfast that our older generation had when they patronised the traditional coffee shops back then!! 


Move on, we also serve French toast. My mil's recipe. Super tasty and addictive, the youngsters in particular, love this. If you are looking for more value, then our French Toast Special is for you. Sandwiched with fried egg and cheese in between the toast, a great protein based breakfast to have. 


We also have this roti cowboy, which is not the same as French toast where you dip the bread in a mixed custard and pan fry it. Roti cowboy is where you make a hole in the middle of the bread slice and pour the egg in it. Savoury taste, unlike our French toast which is sweeter and buttery. 

Our baos are outsourced, we have a fixed bao supplier now. 5 types of baos sold but the most sellable is char siew bao. 

Besides baos, we also serve sio bee (siu mai). Since starting, we buy sio bee from Sin Kwang Heng in Open Air Market. So once or twice a month, we will go to Open Air Market to collect our sio bee supply.


If you happen to come to Kuching and just around MJC, do drop by my coffee shop. And have a taste of our coffee or tea and some toast or baos to go with your drink. 

Google map:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/s1x6zqgcXC1eC1Sf7





8 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

wow the baos look very good! Siu mai are great too, Rose.

Nux V said...

looks good. I used to buy roti kahwin from a local kopitiam nearby my house, that was many years ago when i was a kid. Nowadays, i seldom eat roti. Siu mai is always my fav!

suituapui said...

French toast looks gorgeous! I love the sio bee from Open Air! Hmmmm...towkay neo can just sit back and relax and let the money come rolling in! Just the money from renting out the stalls would be a lot already.

Reanaclaire said...

I would definitely go for the roti kiap, french toast and roti cowboy... hahaha.. I like bread so I will try what you have...

Diana Diane Teo said...

MJC is where my family stay. Unfortunately I unable to go back Kuching this year. Next year if I able to go back, for sure will visit your shop with my family along. Im craving for siu mai (can't find in KK. Sad)

mun said...

I will order your french toast special. Sounds absolutely delicious! 😋 Yums!

Skwermy said...

I am heading home at the end of the year so I will definitely stop by to pay a visit. Don't terkejut if I say hi in person okay? LOL

PH said...

I am happy that your kopitiam is doing well. If I have a chance to visit, I want Kopi C Peng kosong and French toast LOL!