Friday, November 1, 2019

Called it a day

I was back to this coffee shop end of the month after my first visit earlier last month. 

Thought of going back to try the Malay mee kari (curry noodle) but it wasn't opened. When I inquired on its status from the waitress, it turned out that the stall operator had called it a day due to health issue. 


It was Sunday morning. Hubby wasn't around as he went to meet his friends from KL. So, that morning, along with my kids, I decided to settle our breakfast in this coffee shop before headed to the church. My boys wanted kolo mee so I ordered the red version for them.

RM3.50 kolo mee

The kolo mee stall also sold some bak chang that day and my Jamie kept pestering me to buy them. So I ended up buying 3 of them to try at home later that day. 

RM2 bak chang


I tasted the pork porridge on my first visit here and this round, I went for the same stall but I had its claypot noodle. 

RM6.50 claypot mee

It has been ages since I had claypot noodle. I requested for egg to go with my noodle but the egg was overcooked. I prefer runny yolk with my noodle but I did not get it. 

Overall, the claypot noodle was fragrant with slight hint of cooking wine. The handmade meatballs were lovely. 

RM9.50 breakfast set

My girl saw the stall selling Western styled breakfast sets so she ordered this set to satisfy her craving.

After filling up our tummies, we went to our church service. 

11 comments:

PH said...

The bak chang seems quite loaded with ingredients. I hope it was good.

Imemily said...

the claypot yee mee looks nice to me
it is just nice to have it during the rainy day

Iwona said...

Delicious food :)

suituapui said...

That "American breakfast" is around that same price here. Hmmm...somehow, it seems to happen quite a bit when it comes to these Malay businesses. After a while, they will call it a day - sakit lah, jaga emak lah, tak dapat bangun awal...all kinds of reasons.

Natalia said...

Yum, everything looks amazing! Have a lovely weekend ☺

Nancy Chan said...

Kolo mee looks good. The bak chang so cheap and looks good.

mun said...

I would go for the bak chang.

windowtothebeauty said...

Everything looks very tasty: D Regards:**

Libby said...

The kolo mee looks tasty.

lina said...

Nice to enjoy delicious food :)

The Yum List said...

It really is amazing how Halloween has been commercialized around the world.