Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Dinner with them

Last Sunday I had dinner with my parents, my sis and her husband in Petanak market. We went to the Lok Lok House for our dinner.

The place was packed and Lok Lok House's business was as good as before. They serves lok lok as well as chur cha (stir fry). We ordered few dishes from the stall and these were what we had.


The deep fried fish fillet in sweet sauce sauce was really good. The fillets were fresh and crispy. Not much batter used and you could totally taste the fish meat.


My dad's favourite. Braised chicken feet. They were tender and flavourful. I had a few of these feet.


We also had stir fried winged beans and ginger pork. The dishes were tasty but slightly salty for me. We also had stir fried bean sprouts with salted fish which I did not take shot of.

Overall it was a nice dinner with my family although it was a long wait. Most food stalls closed on Monday and continue to go for holiday till after Chinese New Year.

11 comments:

mun said...

Deep fried fish fillets are yummy if the fish is fresh! What fish did they use?

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

The best dinner is dinner with family

The Yum List said...

Wing beans for me please!

Reanaclaire said...

Nice bonding with family especially our own parents.. How I wish mine are still around..

suituapui said...

The sweet and fish looks really good. Eeeekkkkkk!!!! Chicken feet! No, thank you! LOL!!!

PH said...

How nice! I just had dinner with my parents this evening.

Nancy Chan said...

So good to be able to enjoy your dinner with your parents. Happy New Year!

Libby said...

I like deep fried fish fillets in sweet and sour sauce

Blackswan said...

So yummy! Happy Valentine’s Day, dear! xoxo

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

The food all looked delicious, but what's best with food is when it is shared with family or with friends. :)

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Me is no thank you to chicken feet...

Happy Lunar New Year to you and family...