Monday, March 6, 2017

I love peahs

I am not a big fan of peahs (Chinese pastry) but this box from Penang changed my mind overnight!

It was a gift from hubby's Sri Aman colleague who went to Penang on a company trip.  This box of peahs from Ming Xiang Tai really make me craving for more. Ming Xiang Tai originated from Perak and has few shops in Peninsular Malaysia. Thanks to hubby's colleague for this delicious box and other gifts as well.


12 pastry in the box and as you can see, I had ate one before I took this shot.  Initially not planning to post about it, but after tasted the 1st peah (glutinous coconut puff), I think it is worth mentioning.

Hubby and I tasted 3 of them last night; namely glutinous coconut puff, pandan salted egg pastry, and chicken floss pastry. The pastries were flaky yet not overly dry. The filling was generous and soft, and simply so good. Not too sweet for me.


Ta-da.  The pandan salted egg pastry.  Very generous filling, right??


And I personally enjoyed the glutinous coconut puff.


Not many peahs left, so we got to enjoy them little by little.  

10 comments:

Sharon D. said...

Aiyo ..looks so delicious. I don't think I have ever tried any of these varieties. Will look out for them! ^.^
Out of the ones I have though, I love the spicy shrimp peah best.

Unknown said...

I like tau sar peah

Reanaclaire said...

I tried before.. not bad.. and they don't come cheap too. :)

mun said...

Me too. I like!

suituapui said...

I don't mind those for tea but will not go out of my way to look for them and buy. If people give, ok lah. Hehehehehehe!!!!

PH said...

Oh! Got different types of filling? First time I heard of this because I only know tau sar peah which I am not a fan. Maybe the one you had I will like (especially the salted egg one hee..hee...)

Merryn said...

Hah. So many types of filling? I only know the original filling and they call it tau sar peah. Haha.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I have sweet tooth, I loves it...

Nancy Chan said...

Was crazy over these peahs but now not so crazy. I will go for the savoury fillings like salted egg, etc.

Ezvina said...

Nice, make me miss Penang la.