Sunday, July 17, 2016

End on a sad note

This week, the kids are back to school after a long week of Raya holiday. Everyone had a good rest and wonderful holiday. Hubby also took a week off from work to be with us.

So my day is as usual when kids are back to school. Busy chaffeuring them from one place to another.

On Wednesday, I had my usual breakfast with my mum. While we were having our breakfast, mum broke the news on my 2nd qiu qiu (mum's 2nd younger brother) was hospitalised. He fainted at home due to fever.

Mum said uncle was in coma and woke up few days after he fainted but by then he was unable to talk or eat solid food. This uncle of mine had Alzheimer's Disease and was not in good health lately.

But it was still came as a shock for us when he passed away in hospital yesterday. He was in his mid-50s.

This morning we went to the Buddhist Association to pay our final respect. He was never married and no children so we are his closest family ever. My grandma was there but she was fine as she believed uncle has finally find his peace and rest after all those painful years.

Qiu qiu, you will be remembered and missed. Thank you for being there during my younger days. You were a great model to the younger generation. You were a soft-spoken person, I've never seen you raised your voice or spoke bad on others. You were the best.


10 comments:

suituapui said...

Oh dear!!! So sorry to hear the sad news. My heartfelt condolences to all in the family, may he rest in peace.

suituapui said...

I also received a piece of sad news on Friday. An ex-student of mine passed away suddenly, unknown illness. He invited me to his wedding in 2011:
https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/where-the-twain-shall-meet/
...and though we never really kept in touch, we were friends on Facebook and I saw that he was blessed with a son, now over 1 year old. So sad, dying so young and never getting to see his son grow up to be a man. God works in mysterious ways, may he rest in peace as well.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

My condolences, RIP to your qiu qiu...

mun said...

My condolences to you and your extended family. Your grandmother is wise to know that your uncle is at peace and can rest now.

Hayley said...

My deepest condolences... May he rest in peace in a better world.

Libby said...

My condolences, Rest in Peace uncle

lina said...

My condolences to the family.

*hugs*

PH said...

So sorry for your loss.

Azura Chan said...

Deepest condolences to you and family. May he rest in peace.

Sharon D. said...

So sorry for your loss, Rose. I can imagine the sadness. Condolences to you and the family.