Tuesday, May 10, 2016

By the stream

Last Monday, we went to Matang Family Park for a water fun in its shallow and cooling stream.

Matang Family Park

It did not take us long to reach there. We used Batu Kawa-Matang road and in about 30 minutes, we were at the entrance of the park.

Our tickets cost RM12. Adult is RM4, children 6 to 12 yo is RM2 while children below 6 is free.<6 free.="" is="" p=""><6 free.="" is="" p="">


tickets

A pose at the entrance before we went in. The kids were so eager to go in as they could hear the water splashing in there.

Right before we went in

As usual, before we explore a place, we must have a look at the map. It is always good to know the surrounding and its facilities.

Map

I have been here once many years ago, when Jan was a little like Jamie.  Felt like this place was more or less the same. At least they still maintain the place well.

Deck

From the timber decking, we looked down to the stream. It was a holiday, so we expected crowds picnicking and relaxing at the family park. We reached there around 1030am and it was not so crowded that time but as time passed afternoon, more people flocking the stream.




Down we went to the stream using the wooden staircases and bridge.


Such a beautiful green lush. The weather was nice and warm, and great for a cool dip in the water. It rained the night before so the flow was steady and water was cold.



Nothing stopped us from going in. Till only the kids' lips went purplish and had wrinkled fingers after almost 2 hours, then did they willing to come out from the water. Lol.



Stones that we brought back as memory

What a lovely escape from the city chaos. Enjoying the nature bliss by the stream and having an incredibly relaxing and good time with family.

12 comments:

suituapui said...

What??? Have to pay? My time in the 70's, it was free.

I never went again after my friend died there. Some hopeless people moved some rocks to form a dam uphill...must be quite a big one, able to hold back quite a lot of water. My friend and her family went there on a picnic - the lowest part and it so happened that the dam gave way and the water and everything came rushing down. She, her hubby and children all died except one child. So tragic!

Sharon D. said...

This, to me, would be the best outing ever, Rose! I'm loving your description of the place. I miss 'lepaking' in shallow streams. So peaceful .. *sigh* ...it's been a long time since I went for an outing such as this.

PH said...

Very nice outing with the family. To be in touch with nature, eh? I can imagine the fun your kids had playing in the water!

Nancy Chan said...

Great family outings, especially for the kids. But have to be extra careful of the slippery rocks and sudden rush of water. A beautiful place for picnics.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves this kind of places...

mun said...

Very good activities and experiences for your children!

Linda said...

I love the water, Rose! Creeks, waterfalls, fountains, the ocean, lakes, rivers, yes, I do love water. Your photos are lovely!

Princess Ribbon said...

I know the first thing we should do is to see the map when we go to any parks.. But frankly, hehe, I suck in reading maps.. Even the Google Maps, using satelite pun, I can't recognize geh, bad sense of direction, huhuhu

Blackswan said...

I love outings like these too especially when my kid was young. Miss those days! xoxo

Coffee Girl said...

Wah still looks so nice! I havent been here for awhile.

Merryn said...

This sounds so refreshing. I remember when I was little, my parents brought us picnic at a stream too. That was the one and only time I had the privilege to experience this. Never gone back there after that. My kids have never been to a stream.

lina said...

What a nice outing.

I wouldn't mind paying especially as the funds would probably needed for the upkeep of the place....