Thursday, April 21, 2016

Here again

Not once but thrice I dropped by this restaurant for the past one week. I think by now the waiters would recognise us pretty well.

M2 Restaurant, MJC

I did not expect to come here again last Sunday as I were thinking of cooking dinner since hubby was at home. However, just before I were getting ready to cook, he told me that we were to eat out. 

So that was how we ended at this restaurant for the 3rd time in a week. However this time, we went for its set dinner menu.

RM58 nett for 4 persons, which was just right for my family of 5.


First to come was this stir-fried kangkung with garlic which was everyone's favourite. Nicely cooked; not overly seasoned.


This nestum chicken was so nice and crispy that everyone enjoyed it very much. The meat was moist and tender, while the skin was crispy.


Next in line was this soul-warming sweet corn soup. The menu said sweet corn crab meat soup but I did not taste any crab meat in my soup.


This was our first time trying this "3 eggs layer beancurd with snow fungus". We did not know what to expect till it was served on our table. Wow! Look like an island in middle of the sea, don't you think so?


As we dug in, we could spot the century egg and salted egg bits in the soft beancurd. The other egg would be the egg flower surrounding the beancurd.

Taste-wise it was a bit bland, not much taste to the soft beancurd. Even the egg yolk did not save this dish. I did not take century egg. We could only finished half of this beancurd as the kids did not enjoyed it at all. Next time we are here again, we would stick to our usual, the sizzling beancurd. *wink*

15 comments:

suituapui said...

So cheap!!! I would love to try that egg bean curd dish. Looks so good.

Agnes CF Lee said...

no drinks to come with the set dinner ? the 3 eggs layer is a new dish to me..sayang it was not tasty enough for the kids to enjoy this dish.

Rose world said...

The price does not include drinks so we had to order our drink seperately.

Princess Ribbon said...

Love the menu, kids will love the eggy gravy tofu with rice.. Yummzzz..

Nancy Chan said...

I too like sizzling bean curd. Love fried chicken too.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Would loves to try the 3 eggs layer beancurd with snow fungus.... hehe...

Huai Bin said...

I love the beancurd dish. It's very special, haven't seen that before. RM 15 per pax is quite a reasonable price too.

Merryn said...

You dont take century egg? It is actually my favourite. I would sapu all of that in seconds!

lina said...

RM58 ifor 4 is a good value!

mun said...

I like the 3 eggs layer beancurd with snow fungus dish. I think if you have eaten century eggs with the beancurd, it would taste nice. Since you do not take century egg, it would be a waste to order this dish unless your children and husband do eat century eggs.

Small Kucing said...

its so hot here...i think i like the sweet corn soup...something soupy...yummy

Sharon D. said...

I really love sweet corn soups. This is a nice meal, Rose ..and at a great price! ^.^

Libby said...

I like the nestum chicken and kang kong, but if kang kong stir fried with sambal would be perfect

Blackswan said...

3 eggs layer beancurd with snow fungus looks interesting but too bad the taste didn't meet your expectation. Have a lovely week, my dear! xoxo

Imemily said...

looks affordable