Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Bits of gardening

I have not been posting on my gardening so here it goes. A bit of update in my humble mini garden.

Been doing a bit of trimming and planting lately.

Mini pineapple

I finally trimmed off my mini pineapple. Ripen long time ago. Too ripe that I could smell it from a distance but I did not bother to taste it as I knew it would be too sour. The fruit had 2 "horns" on top so I cut off one "horn" and re-planted into small pot. Hope it grow. By the way, I still keep the old pineapple plant since it does not die off and maybe it will bear fruit again.

New baby "horn"

And my mini bed of spring onions is growing well. Too well that we could not stop snapping and using them in my cooking. Lol.

Spring onions

I have been wanting to add more colours to my garden so I have to "cross my fingers", hoping they would grow and bloom. 


Started planting the seeds early this month with the help of my princess as she has been nagging me on having her own "potted flower". So I planted the seeds on 2 separate pots.

Somehow only one pot bears "result". And we could not wait to see the Impatiens grow and bear beautiful flowers. And then I can transfer them to bigger pot too. Maybe I will get a pack of Petunia seeds and give it a 2nd try.

Wish me luck!!



12 comments:

Unknown said...

mini pineapple? so there is such thing? that's new to me.

Libby said...

I don't have green fingers, the flowers I try to grow always wither and die after a short while :(

Anonymous said...

My spring onions!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!! Missus would go and help herself and she would take so much!!! Just a couple of times, all gone!!! Tsk! Tsk!

Agnes CF Lee said...

I wish I have the time to plant some greens and flowers, caring for them is another task. Planting spring anions is a good idea no need to buy from outside. Hope your flowers will bloom.

Sharon D. said...

Fingers crossed to wish you all the best, Rose. That mini pineapple is so cute!

Coffee Girl said...

Good luck! i dont think i have green thumb.. bohoo...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Good luck...

Reanaclaire said...

Not bad, Rose! At least you have some plants in your garden.. I have totally nothing... :)

Nancy Chan said...

Cute mini pineapple! I am still waiting for my pineapple plant to grow. Just planted few months back. Hope your impatiens grow well. Mine attacked by pest!

Merryn said...

"And we could not wait to see the Impatiens grow and bear beautiful flowers" LoL! So IMPATIENT ah you? Hahaha. Hope everything will grow well and beautiful :D

Small Kucing said...

Love the mini pineapple. The leaves not as sharp as mine and more colorful

mun said...

You have green fingers!