Friday, May 3, 2013

I like it this way

Do you like eating lady fingers?  I do!!  And my family enjoy them too.  I either cooked with sambal belacan or with light soy sauce and anchovies but once a while I will just boil them and dip with belacan.
 
Last week while I was at my parents' house my mum is cooking lady fingers.  And her simple recipe tempted me to try it out.  So I copied her recipe and make a simple lady fingers with lot of garlic dish yesterday.
 
Just wash and rinse your lady fingers.  Choose the smaller lady fingers instead of those bigger and longer one.  Then throw the lady fingers into a pot of water and let it boil for few minutes before drain them out.  Cut off the top part of the lady fingers and put in a bowl of 2 tbsp oyster sauce.  Mix well.

Chop a lot of garlics.  Then fry them with oil in a pan. 

Just pour the garlic and oil onto the lady fingers and serve!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

suituapui said...

I've tried this, ok with it. Prefer fried with sambal hay bee...or just boil and ulam with sambal belacan. Yum! Yum!

Broccoli Ginger said...

I think it's better to just steam it.

mun said...

I like to eat plain steamed lady fingers just like that without any sauce or condiment.