Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Red packets decoration

We did little Chinese New Year decorations in the shop. Since the opening of schools, we did not have many customers dropping by during the weekdays. So the staff requested for unused red packets. Initially for the pasting of Chinese fans on the glass panels, but end up we did something different with the red packets. I do not have unused red packets as I do not usually keep them, unless they are attractive. I have many leftover red packets from last year, so I brought some packs over.


All DIY by us, save money on buying CNY decoration!! Lol!



We did 8 of these tiny lanterns and hang them above the counter. 8 is always an "ong" number for Chinese.


I got this fish decoration idea from the internet. It does not turn out bad, but my fish does look bigger and fatter, because I used a rectangular type! Lol!


So 8 little lanterns, and a pair of fishes around. Hope 2012 bring prosperity and good business!!

7 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

i remembered i did this kind of decoration in the school when i was a kid.

suituapui said...

I used to make...but lazy now. Not so easy to get red packets these days too - the banks are no longer so generous. :(

Hayley said...

I have gathered old and new red packets already, gonna start work soon! (I hope :P)

Small Kucing said...

me too used to make that. Now buy is easier especially since the decoration is so cheap. Me no talent. If Make sure kaput :p

Unknown said...

The fish looks so pretty in red...

Dav DiDi said...

Nice ... cost saving tooo

Coffee Girl said...

im so lazy i just stapled the red packets on our the flowers' stems and leaves in my office. looks very meriah!