Tuesday, May 25, 2010

School of terror

Read upon this shocking news about one school in PM where its students are committing intimidating acts, as reported by The Star. When one read it, one would be wondering what is happening in schools nowadays. What is shocking is that the teachers and school authorities are powerless over such incidents. Hooliganism and gangsterism are common in that school and nothing has been done so far in addressing such issues until recent investigation by the Education Ministry. Before this, no one want to report to the relevant authorities. Are those students really fearless?

How those students can commit in such acts in first place? What influence or drive them to do them? It makes me wonder about choosing the right school for my little gal. She would be turning 5 next year and it is compulsory to register your children to your preferred primary school when they turning 5.

It makes me think back about my school days where gangs are not that common. I remember schools used to be fun. Popular girls and popular boys used to be the top talk in school, not "this gang, that gang". I think the most trouble students can give teachers would be vandalism especially the classroom furnitures and washroom facilities. Other than that, I never hear of hooligans or gangsters during my assembly. How about you?

4 comments:

smallkucing said...

yes heard of hooligans and gangsters during school days. But all these I think depend on the school and teachers. If get responsible admin and teachers then the things can be controlled.

My secondary school used to be famous for gangsters in the 70s. But then one good Principal came and revamp the school. It become one of the best discipline school in KL.

Ezvina said...

Things changes, children change, they are getting more advances.

Unknown said...

I just blogged about the same kind of problem in my son school, funny his school is my alma mater,, used to be good, now dont know what happened lah..................

mNhL said...

nowadays, schoolchildren are very 'wild'.