Tuesday, January 29, 2008

City of Cats

Kuching, my hometown for the past 30 years. It is nicknamed "City of Cat", maybe it is full of cats in the past? I were not so sure about its name history, but I definitely did not see many stray cats around the city.

I believe photographs say more than words as simply, I cannot describe Kuching well, other than it is a beautiful, slow-pace and friendly city of its own.

Nice photograph after the rain has stopped. On right hand side, the famous Tua Pek Kong temple undergoing renovation work.



Old Main Bazaar, with new DUN Building (across Sarawak River) still work-in-progress



Matang Hill as the backdrop, providing such a serene view



One of the few cat statues around that are in the festive mood

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Rose :D

Your place looks serene. I'll be glad to visit you there sometime :D

Hye

Rose world said...

Hi Hye! Sure, please make some times to visit Kuching. I will be happy to meet up and show you around. :)

KristyCK said...

Nice pictures, Rose. I heard about the cats' statue from a friend who went to Kuching for holiday many-many years ago. They said they are huge and beautiful. I hope to visit Kuching someday lah.....hihi!

Rose world said...

Billy's mom, you try to drop by Kuching when you going back to Sabah lah.....and i would love to meet your little handsome guy too!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Kuching looks like a great place. I've never been there but I had an uncle who lived there once long ago ... never did visit him and now he's shifted back to KL ...

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose, I wish one day I can visit the city of Cat.. :)

InspiredMumof2 said...

Interesting place, must go there in one of our holidays :-)

Rose world said...

Nick, Nyumix, Inspired Mum,

Kuching is indeed a very nice place (I am not boosting, ok!), a good place for vacation. You can visit the Sarawak Cultural Village, beaches, drive to Batang Ai, visit those wind cave in Lundu and of course try our fresh seafood.

ZazaHardy said...

i've never been to kuching, can you believe it!!!

Zaza

Anonymous said...

I've been to Kuching once and I quite like it. The people are friendly, no stress, no traffic jam. Definately will make a trip there again with my kids.