Saturday, December 15, 2007

Noi’s Claypot Style @ Ban Hock Road






I love to take claypot dishes such as bak ku teh (pork rib tea), prawn noodles, and claypot salted rice. I guess I like my food hot and stay hot in claypot!

I love to go to this coffee shop for its claypot dishes as they have lots of choices to choose from. It is near my work place, about 5 minutes drive. Another reason I like to go there is that the seating area is in air-conditioned room. So you wouldn’t sweat a lot after eating those hot claypot dishes and can enjoy your food better!!

Initially the proprietor operated at another coffee shop a block down the current shop. They moved to this new location only this year. It is next to a hair salon called DOF. Their specialties ranging from kacang ma chicken, curry chicken, assam fish, braised pork leg, red wine chicken to lamb stew and a lot more! They are priced from RM5.00 to RM6.00 per claypot. A plate of white rice cost RM1.00.

I met up with my sister for lunch yesterday, and we ordered curry chicken, salted mustard duck soup and bitter gourd cooked with egg. We waited less than 5 minutes for our order as not many tables are occupied when we reached there around 12.20pm. Usually it was packed and customers need to wait for more than 10 minutes. We paid total of RM20.60 for our food and drinks and went back to our respective offices feeling full and sleepy. Thanks sis for the lunch treat!

Curry Chicken (RM5.00)



Salted Mustard Duck Soup (RM6.00)




Bittergourd with egg (RM5.00)



Should you feel fed up eating all those meaty stuff, they do serve vegetables as side dishes too. They only open till late afternoon.

No comments: