Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The feast

The night before we departed to Kuching, we invited hubby's uncle, sister and brother-in-law for Mid-Autumn celebration dinner in this restaurant.

It was packed and luckily we managed to get a table.  We did not make any reservation so it was fortunate that we got a table.  We did not wait long for our food to come although it was full.  Our first dish came in 15 minutes flat! Talked about speed.

We had its fish maw soup as a starter, which we loved.  Again, it was clear soup to our liking. 
 



Next was the wild boar meat, which was flavourish as they added lemon grass and pepper to get rid of the meat smell.

Then, this unique-looking soft bean curd dish arrived and we actually enjoyed it very much.


Next in queue was this deep-fried chicken with Thai sauce.  The surprise was underneath the meat.  The jelly fish was hiding in there.  Interesting dish.


Again, midin was in the list.  It was one of my favourite vegetable.  Just simple stir fried with garlic was good enough!


This steamed bass was so-so, probably because the meat was not so soft because it was frozen fish.  

And so was this deep fried pork trotter.  Too tough and we did not like the sauce that go with it.  Prefer this restaurant's trotter more as it was tender and tastier.


How much the dinner cost, you may ask?  Just over RM200 plus drink!!  Super cheap!

10 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

It's lunch time now and I'm looking at your pictures! Yummzz, I LOVE all your food.. If I have to choose, I'd choose: fish maw soup, the boar, fried chicken (who doesn't like fried chicken) and that pork trotter, I can eat the whole trotter!

Ezvina said...

You make me feel like eating pork trotter. aiyak!

ahlost said...

Oh man.. i haven't had my lunch and this post.. is.. seriously.. very.. evil !!! *cries*

suituapui said...

This looks like Ming Mei Shi. I like...but my friends from Trengganu says Ruby is nicer. Ah well, both very nice. Hehehehehe!!!!

Sharon D. said...

Whoa..I would love to try wild boar meat one day!

mun said...

Price is sure reasonable for all the food since it includes pork knuckle and sea bass. Yummy! I like the midin.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Dinner time coming, hungry by looking at the foods...

Unknown said...

Yum. Looks so amazing. I am sure you all had an amazing time.

Merryn said...

Yes that is reasonably priced! Yums!

Reanaclaire said...

Just look at the chunk of meat!! Very crispy and nice!