Saturday, September 6, 2014

New place to dine

A very warm Monday with not a single drop of rain in Sibu.  We went for our grocery shopping after our dim sum, then hide in our house for nap. By evening, the temperature was still warm.

So we went to this Ming Mei Shi seafood restaurant as I knew it is an air-con enclosure. My sil told me this place is not only serve good food but it has economy rice for lunch, which is good. Maybe I will tapau for lunch one of these days.

As for our dinner that night, we had its stir fried potato leaves..


and stir fried midin.

The captain recommended this Foochow fish with preserved vegetable soup and I remembered reading the review from Suituapui. Very different and we liked it very much.

and I ordered this butter prawns which were good. But I still prefer my prawns in whole, with skins and heads intact.

Lastly we tried its roasted chicken. Not too dry and skin was tasty and crispy. Can eat like that without any dipping.


Our dinner plus drink only cost RM103, which was reasonable. Now we have a new place to have our dinner. 


10 comments:

mun said...

Good food, all I like especially the midin though I have eaten before. I prefer prawns deshelled because I am lazy to remove the head and shells myself. You must be really hardworking to prefer prawns with shells and head.

mun said...

I mean I have not eaten midin before.

suituapui said...

My favourite in Sibu. Tapao from there last night...for dinner at my parents' place.

Princess Ribbon said...

Wow all good food.. Yesterday we stayed home too but went out for a simple dinner nearby coz the kids were restless at home..

Azura Chan said...

Yummy food. I like butter prawn without skin. Cuz I'm pretty lazy to remove the skin. ahaha

Hayley said...

We usually ordered 2 plates of greens too when dining out, I am the one who is responsible to finish all the greens, usually :p

Blackswan said...

I'm new to stir fried midin; it looks crunchy!

ChrisAu said...

I love these simple but yet delicious food at the restaurants. In fact, I just had some tonight.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Congratulations on discovering a new dining restaurant. In kuching rain hasn't been merciful to us. It rains cats n dogs.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Loves all those foods...