Monday, September 29, 2014

Just open

A new kid on the block!

Le Cafe just opened for business last week and located on one of the new row of shoplots at Brooke Drive. Wonder why the French word "Le" in the name. I guess it is a fusion cafe, just like the others around the town. Maybe they try to give it a bit of "ummph" to the name but what is in a name? Most important is the food, right? Good food gives longer lasting impression.

So, we went to check it out the other day. I were not too optimistic going there but we should not judge anything till we try it.

It was a Saturday but the place was not packed with lunch patrons. It is new so maybe not many know it well.


Turned out they only has bak kut teh as main dish for the moment. Slowly they will add more dishes in the menu by next month and Western food in November.
Plate of stir fried bean sprouts

So left with no choice we had its bak kut teh soup and a plate of taugeh to share.

Soupy bak kut teh

The herbal soup was mild to my liking. I do not really fancy strong soup. 

My mug of warm barley

The place was rather rowdy as the time passed as more people came in. Too noisy to talk and enjoy my food. 



11 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

Oohh bak kut teh.. From the name and feeling (haha, feeling pulak), I thought it's a fish&chips/nasi lemak/mee siam/kai si hor fun/chicken chop place..

suituapui said...

People have been asking me about this place. Ok, not going there. I hate noisy places...and the bak kut teh looks so watery, the meat drowning in the soup. I think the place I went to - next to History is nicer.

Small Kucing said...

French cafe selling BKT? LOL....ya maybe they try to umph the name.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

From the name, thought they selling finger foods, etc..

Azura Chan said...

Lovelly mug. I love barley too. 😊

ChrisAu said...

I love BKT... so the soup not strong ?

Hayley said...

I also don't fancy strong taste BKT.

Sharon D. said...

I'm not a fan of noisy places too, but at least you enjoyed the BKT ^.^

mun said...

How come you are not optimistic to go there? You knew there won't be many choices for food?

Merryn said...

I am total opposite. I love my BKT strong and thick. But I totally agree with you on the noisy place. I dislike that. Need some peace and quiet to eat lah.

Rose world said...

Too many of this cafe over here. Not all are impressive so I thought this is another one of them. At first I expect some Western food but they only can do bkt at the moment.