Sunday, September 21, 2014

A place to be

Hubby brought us to this Uncle Dom in Lorong Chew Siik Hiong last Sunday for dinner after our walk in the park. My first time here and I like the look of the establishment. Lovely and comfortable dining place with free wifi. And the lady owner was friendly too, spoke and explained to us in English.

Just as we reached there, the rain started to pour. So we stayed pretty long there while waiting for rain to subside.


The place where I would want to be again....for dinner!

Nice corner with big wall poster depicted the old shophouses during those day. Did you spot Uncle Dom in the poster?


That night's special drink was starfruit with apple so I gave it a try.  Sour+bitter and I thought it was refreshing and great after a heavy and oily meal.

For our starter, we had the Taiwanese sausage platter (RM7.20)

  and my boy shared this nasi lemak with beef rendang with my bil. RM9.30 for this plate.

I had its fried mee hoon with mani chai. I liked it and it went well with sliced chilli and soy sauce dipping. I must be starving as I devoured it quietly and in few minutes time!

Not so great for hubby's steak in black pepper sauce as he complained the steak was not well seasoned or probably just came out from the freezer. 

No complaint from my girl on her fish and chip as she finished up the fish. But she still prefer another fish and chip from another place.

Thought we gave this Hakka deep fried flower pork a try. RM9.90 for this nam yue dish and the spicy dipping was good too. Coincidently I have marinated some pork belly slices at home for a Hakka Nam Yue recipe. Maybe I will share the recipe in another post.


Total bill came out slightly less than RM100.





10 comments:

suituapui said...

Let's just say this is not one of my favourite places in town - I've blogged about it a few times. You can give that Japanese place opposite a miss too.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Oh..looks great. I like the old look deco. But with modern food.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Awaiting to see your Hakka Nam Yue recipe...

Ezvina said...

The mani cai noodle looks great.

Imemily said...

the big wall poster such a great reminiscence for the restaurant!
MY-Emily

ChrisAu said...

The food looks good! Like the ambience in the restaurant.

Merryn said...

Too bad for your hubby's steak not being well marinated as others look quite good.

mun said...

I like the fried mee hoon with mani chai. Looks tasty!

Princess Ribbon said...

Everything looks good.. Yep fish & chips and kids can never go wrong.. haha.. Kz loves fish & chips too..

Blackswan said...

The interest looks cool! Didn't expect to see a mix of Asian & Western cuisine.......