Thursday, September 25, 2014

Skin story

While Jamie is recovering from his eyelid bump, I myself have skin problem to tackle to.

A very irritating situation to be in. Not so sure what was the source but maybe I ate something that trigger the irritation. 

I had those small rashes all over my body especially thighs, and arms. Itchy and dry. Luckily the cream my sil gave me able to stop the itchiness as well as the rashes. It persisted for almost a week before they were fully gone.

The last time I had such ugly sight of red rashes and bumps was during my confinement last year. That time I suspected that the culprit was alcohol. My alcohol tolerance was not high after all! This time maybe it was the red mee sua that I had but I were not so sure.
Scary looking, I know

Then at the same time, I scalded my own hand. Oh well, blame on my sleeping head. Scalded while preparing milk for my boy. Immediately I put toothpaste (people said it worked) and then aloe vera gel. But by night time, a big scary-looking blister appeared. I hate that fluid-filled blister! Had it punctuated on 2nd night as hate the sight of the blister.

Blister on my red skin

During the time of need, I have this aloe vera gel to relieve the itchiness and pain. 
I use this gel for everything from mosquito bite to ulcer! ^^

So, you see I had a double skin problems (or accident) last week.  Currently I am getting better. Rashes subdue and getting less itchy while the discoloured skin on my hand is healing but am not sure I would have my diaphanous skin back. Lol!

10 comments:

suituapui said...

Not too sure if it was an allergy. Sometimes, air...water...can lead to rashes too. Good thing you manage to get rid of that problem.

Wahhhh!!!! Got scalded some more. Never mind, that happens to the best of us. :D

Sharon D. said...

Oh dear ..what an eventful week! Glad to hear it's getting better. Take good care of yourself, Rose ❤

Princess Ribbon said...

Oohh those rashes.. Very common sight, especially after seafood or alcohol.. I usually take Zyrtec pills or apply some Hydrocortisone cream.. Wah that blister sure looks geli, haha..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I even had rashes many many years back, when the weather is cold...

Small Kucing said...

could be due to alcohol....

that blister looks very painful. Yea me too cannot tahan blister.

Hayley said...

Next time have to be careful..

Yep, aloe vera gel is very good, I also sold a few bottles of that already, hehe!

wenn said...

oh dear..take care

mun said...

Hope your skin and hand are healed now, no more rashes and no more blister. Please take good care!

ChrisAu said...

Aloe is always good for the skin.

Azura Chan said...

I don't think it is a food allergy. I usually has rashes like this when the weather is like hazy and dusty. I think it because of the hazy days. Ouch, that must be painful. Get well soon.