Friday, October 3, 2014

Not the same again

It has been almost 4 months since the car accident but the memory of seeing hubby lying on the ward bed is still fresh at the back of my mind.

With injured liver, hubby survived without any operation. The accident has taught him to be more health-conscious as he started to exercise and take health supplements more. 

He also tends to be more forgetful after that accident which saw his head hit the glass windshield. The glass was broken but nothing serious happened to hubby's skull. But I think somehow the impact of the hit to his head had some impact on his brain. Sometimes I have to be his PA, reminding him of this and that. Coupled with work pressure, I think it does not help him much in that mental department. 

The car is still in the workshop. Heard that it is almost ready and in paint spraying work now. Should be getting it anytime soon. The insurance agent called my hubby initially to tell him that they will only pay a lump sum of RM50000 payment but hubby insisted on full coverage of the repairs. The car has sentimental value to us so understand hubby's reluctance to let go of the car.

He seldom drives now. I had my car delivered over from Kuching back then as we need 2 cars. However he seldom drives after his promotion. When he is in Sibu, I am his driver. He has company car in Miri which he drives when he flies there. When he works in other towns, he either uses taxi or has staff driving him around.

However every time hubby drives at night, work late or go drinking, I am down with worries and anxieties. I still could not get over with the thought of him in hospital.




12 comments:

Sherry said...

wow. thats alot money. my sis too repair car need rm9K say first time need repair so much....

drinking? better accompany him if he go drinking..

Sharon D. said...

I can imagine what you must be going through, Rose. I would be so worried too. God bless you both!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

OMG! I didn't know about this accident. Hopefully everything is fine now.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blackswan said...

I can imagine the nightmare, just like what my son went through. Sigh!

ChrisAu said...

I am sure everybody would find it difficult to forget such an incident. Glad to see your hubby taking care of his health now. Maybe you can try gingko bilobs supplements which are good for memory. Amway has one, which I am sure you know since you are a distributor.

suituapui said...

Oh dear! I hope the memory loss is only temporary. I had a little accident long ago, not serious just some bumps on the car...but I did not dare to drive for at least a year after that! Some kind of phobia - they say they have some Chinese medication to overcome that. Dunno, did not try. He looks ok now, much better than before - maybe can go and see a good Chinese sinseh and see what he says.

Cars that have been through very serious accidents - best to just sell off. Will not be the same anymore.

I wouldn't go out at night if I had a choice - can't see well and those blinding lights make it worse, especially on rainy days.

Princess Ribbon said...

I understand.. Same as G's incident.. When I leave him alone or when he is climbing up & down from the bed, I phobia already.. I could clearly remember those blood oozing out from his head.. *faint*

mun said...

*hugs* I know it can be so worrying especially your loved ones are out late at night or went for drinking sessions. Just have to remind them to be more careful and when drinking to take a cab back.

Imemily said...

this sounds bad.
hope everything will be okay.
May God bless you both.
MY-Emily

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Hope that he cuts down on his drinking, as too much, no good...

Merryn said...

It was quite a bad accident. Definitely will leave an impact in your life. It won't be easy to forget it and of course you'll be worried each time he drives at night. Just remind him to drive safe but then again, I think he knows it too. Hugs.