Monday, October 27, 2014

No-frill prawn omelette

My mum cooks this dish very often at home. We simple enjoy this simple omelette. She just fry the prawns before pour in the beaten eggs to the wok.

When it comes to me, I love to experiment with new ingredients for added flavour. *wink* Talking about spoiling my mum's original recipe!

Okay, I did not totally spoil the original taste of this tasty and simple omelette but I added big onion for that onion-y scent and crunchiness.

This omelette is very easy to prepare. Very little ingredients and you can get them easily. The kids love it too!

Ingredients:

150g prawns, de-shelled and seasoned with salt and pepper
1 big onion, sliced
3 medium-sized eggs, beaten
1 tsp light soy sauce
salt to taste
Dash of pepper

Methods:

1. Heat up the pan with about 3 tbsp cooking oil.
2. Saute the big onion for few second till fragrant and turn translucent before add in prawns.
3. Stir fry for a while till prawns turn pink.
4. Whisk beaten eggs with light soy sauce. Then add to the pan.
5. Flip the omelette once bottom is brown to cook the other side.

13 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I still have some prawns in the fridge, was thinking of doing this...

Princess Ribbon said...

Ooohhh, I was about to say the same thing, then I see you've really done it in your post.. I wanted to say big onions, haha.. Clever girl !!

Coffee Girl said...

Wahhh niceee! looks easy! something to try at home :-)

Anonymous said...

Something like what they call egg foo yung overseas. Nice, can't go wrong with prawns!

Anonymous said...

Simple and nice! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

mun said...

Simply delicious! I like almost all omelettes.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

I don't u spoilt it. U just improvised the ingredients to your liking.

trishie said...

I make prawn omelette for dinner regularly too! Love it. My version has involves pouring a hot mixture of soy and sugar and sesame oil over the top of the omeletter just before serving

Small Kucing said...

me too love this

ChrisAu said...

Oooh .... I love prawn omelette!

Linda said...

I have never tried prawn omelet, it looks very nice!

Sharon D. said...

I think you've made it brilliant with onions in there ^.^

Libby said...

Yummy, one of my favourite