Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Here we go, again

Read somewhere in one of Suituapui's posts on this tomato kuaw tiaw in Good Happiness Restaurant, so last Sunday when we were here for dim sum, I ordered this dish.


It was really good. A very big portion although we asked for 1 person portion. The tomato sauce was not too sweet yet too sour. Just nice. And it had many ingredients in that big plate!


This deep-fried fish skin was our first time and it was nice. It did look like soft shell crab when it came. And tasted like it too. Went well with the dipping.


Hubby wanted to taste the lo mai kai. It was alright, according to him. I did not taste it as I were enjoying other dim sum like this deep fried prawns rolls.


We had other dim sum like steamed pork ribs, har kau and this steamed paus.


That  day we were there before 9am and by the time we finished our breakfast, it was almost 10! Gosh! This was not a delightful meal as we waited so long for our food. Almost lost our patience as those waiters and waitresses were in daze and confused. I think something was wrong with their system and queues or they had a new captain that day! Simply unacceptable.

9 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

I love everything in this post.. Coz I love dimsum.. I like that fried fish skin with mayo.. And I can eat 5 char siew paus!

suituapui said...

Oh? They have fried fish skin there? Hmmm...gotta go back there and try. It's the in-thing in the peninsula, I hear - dunno of any other place that serves that here.

The lo mai kai - not the same as the usual - nice also...but I would prefer the usual ones.

suituapui said...

Ya, their tomato kway teow is good, eh? Hmmm...must try those prawn rolls too next time. Look different from the ones I had which were very good and these look great too.

Azura Chan said...

Deep-fried fish skin... this is new for me.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Would loves to try the deep-fried fish skin...

Small Kucing said...

service slow till no mood to eat leh

Linda said...

Slow service is no fun! Your photos are very nice.

Blackswan said...

I enjoy a good dim-sum especially the fried ones. Yum!

mun said...

Here, we do not call that lo mai kai. We call that hor yip fan - glutinous rice wrapped in lotus leaf.

Your food sure looks delicious despite the long wait.