Sunday, October 19, 2014

Big fat plates!

Did not know where to bring my kids for dinner one night but after discussing and bribing my kids, I finally decided to come back here for dinner. In case you are wondering, both kids wanted chicken rice but I were not in mood for it. So the mummy won in coin tossing and decided on where to eat. Lol!

We have been here 2 months ago and since then, we did not go back. However I read from a friend's fb a week ago on how good was its nasi lemak so I were tempted to try. I always have a soft spot for nasi lemak. ;)

So here was our order that day....

I had its black jelly with mixed fruits. Not too sweet although I believe they used coconut milk and the only fruits I could see were watermelon and honey dew.
Next our starter arrived! Sausage bun for RM6.90. The kids enjoyed it. Just hot dog stuffed bread that coated in crumbs but a great snack for children.


Alright! This is a bomb! The taste is alright; nothing to shout about. I believe they did not use much MSG in the cooking so it was neither salty or too tasty. But what really shocked me was the portion! HUGE! This fried rice with sliced chicken (RM7.90) was worth ordering. Enough to feed 2 adults! Liked the fluffy rice grain that did not clump at all.


There! The dish that I have been coming for! Their nasi lemak special! Looked good, right?


They have a whole fried chicken wings, a sausage, 1 whole hard-boiled egg sliced into quarters, salted peanuts, sambal and a salted fish! I know not many places served salted fish in their nasi lemak. So this is a bonus for me! I like salted fish in my nasi lemak!

Verdict? Priced at RM8.90, this dish is value for money! I can taste the coconut milk in the rice. Sambal was good but I would like it to be more spicy.

There you are! Our big fat dinner!


10 comments:

suituapui said...

Noodle House nasi lemak RM7.80 only. Hehehehe!!!!

suituapui said...

Went once, not too thrilled by the food...just ok, can do...so I guess I would not be going back there again.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The chicken wing caught my attention, hehe...

ChrisAu said...

Yeah, same like me, not easy to get the kids to go to a certain restaurant to eat. You have to persuade, scold or bribe them...hahaha...
Yeah, the nasi lemak looks good.

Blackswan said...

Yummy! I think my kid will enjoy the food here too :D

Princess Ribbon said...

Everything looks good.. Oohh not fish & chips for the kids? hehe.. Your nasi lemak looks very nice, lots of liew..

mun said...

Both children share a plate of fried rice?

Rose world said...

Yup. I have to help a bit as it was so much. In the end we still cannot finish the rice.

Azura Chan said...

So many mouth watering food. Hehe.

Small Kucing said...

The mixed fruit jelly drinks reminds me a bit of the Banana ice cream drink from Payung

Cheap wor the food there