Thursday, October 30, 2014

Healthier & Raw

Not our usual Sunday dinner. My girl has been telling her dad that she wanted a Japanese food for the past days so the daddy obliged to her request last Sunday.

Hubby wanted to get some stuff for his trip so he suggested to have dinner in Sushi King.

Jan and Jay as usual occupied the side where the conveyor belt was located and helped themselves to the moving sushi. 

Other than the meal set, we also ordered this fresh salmon platter.

I did not really like the taste of this shishamo as it was more of fishy smell although they marinated with seasoning.

This kinoko soup was very healthy. Love the generous amount of shimeiji mushrooms in the clear soup.

This tako wakame looked tasty from the menu but we did not really enjoyed it very much due to the mayo dressing on the fish. Underneath the slices of fish is the Japanese seaweed (konbu).

Last but not least, something that we seldom do as a family. A family selfie! ;)


11 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

I like the family "we-fie".. Looks so cool, haha.. Oh yes, I like Japanese food too, I don't mind having Sushi King, but I don't like their noodles.. I only take their sushi when I eat there..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves that selfie picture, hehe...

Japanese foods, my favourite, hehe...

Anonymous said...

How's the service now? A la carte was good but we had to wait for 3 hours. Sushi on the carousel - the ones from the stalls at the mall even nicer. Expensive some more - never went back again. I prefer Zen.

mun said...

I love Japanese food. What a nice candid wefie photo. Nice!

Merryn said...

I love shishamo, pregnant fish :D I can eat lots and lots of them!

ChrisAu said...

Yummy , i can have the sashimi.anytime.

Sharon D. said...

A lovely family photo, Rose. The food looks good too.

Linda said...

Love the family photo! The salmon....mmmmm, looks wonderful!

Coffee Girl said...

sigh... i miss sushi.

Coffee Girl said...

sigh... i miss sushi.

Azura Chan said...

I love Japanese cuisines. Now you made me craving for Smoked Salmon. huhu. ;p