Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fish Culture

Yeap, we were back here. We thought the fish paste was good and fresh so we did not mind give the other dishes a try.


Started off with the kids' mushroom kampua. Looked good with few slices of fish cakes and fish balls. The mushroom sauce was appetizing as well.
Hubby has this braised pork noodle. Liked the way they served his noodle in bamboo steamer. Kept the noodle warm while you eat it.

And we liked this yong tauhu soup too! I always dig for the bitter gourd and chilli-stuffed meats first! ^^
This time we did tried its dim sum. Ordered few unique type like this red pepper-stuffed, glutinuous rice Foochow meat ball and sio bee but stuffed with Taiwanese sausage! The version of Foochow dim sum I think. ^^

Lastly, yours truly was pretty brave that night to try its curry chicken noodle. Kuching used to have a stall in ABC cafe in Jln Padungan that served good curry chicken noodle but they have moved out.

The curry chicken in Fish Culture was nice. At least I finished the whole drumstick but the noodles. I prefer the big yellow egg noodles for my chicken curry noodle than this kampua noodle. 

Overall, the dinner was good. We enjoyed our food and dear hubby thought the food was healthier as well. 

16 comments:

suituapui said...

Ok, I'd try the curry mee...and the braised pork noodles next time. Did not like the mushroom noodles as I was not fond of the mushroom sauce - was ok when I added lots of the very nice sambal. Did you try? Not spicy!

suituapui said...

Looks very quiet at night? So packed in the morning!!! Everybody over at Anson & Hong Fu, I guess.

Princess Ribbon said...

Yummzz, all good food.. Hubby's portion of noodles look huge, nice.. Oohh, yong taufu, my favourite.. I'll be the first to dig into the brinjals and fried sui kow..

Rose world said...

Yes. Tried the sambal. Not spicy at all.

May Ann Francisco said...

Try to cook this someday!

May Ann Francisco said...

Try to cook this someday!

Sharon D. said...

The curry noodle looks very nice!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

And I thought they only serve fish. Hahaha

Merryn said...

I'll never say no to curry noodles. My fav!

mun said...

Good that all the food turned out nice! :)

Small Kucing said...

would love to taste the curry mee. For me i will ask for bihun and noodle

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The curry chicken is tempting...

ChrisAu said...

Oh...I thought they sell only fish stuff like long john silver. Seems a lot of variety of food there.

Azura Chan said...

What a cool name they had for a shop. Very unique!

Reanaclaire said...

I prefer fish anytime than meat.. so this one should be a good choice of shop for me... :) The Yong Tau Foo caught my eyes!

MITCH said...

the dimsum looks so yummy! i'm craving for it :9

xx
http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com