Friday, October 17, 2014

Vinegar-braised pork for dinner

Another non-halal food post. ^^

Found this recipe from A table for two while I were browsing around, thinking how should I cook a slab of pork belly that have been in the freezer for a week.

Well, I love vinegar-braised pork trotter but never cook it myself. Since this recipe called for pork belly which I have in hand, might as well I gave it a try. I had all the ingredients except dried chillies and star anise (I seldom use or usually omit). It still tasted good and appetizing!

The recipe did not called for blanch but I did blanched my meat to get rid of the impurities. And I cut the sugar to 1/4 cup as I do not like it too sweet.

Not hard to cook so why don't you give it a try?

I used this caramel sauce brand

Looking good and tasty

Verdict? Yum yum! Great to go with white rice. Although I would like it to be darker and thicker.

Click on the link here for recipe. Happy cooking!

10 comments:

Princess Ribbon said...

I love pork belly, full of collagen goodness.. Mum and MIL will usually cook braised pork with egg, very hoi wai and cheh farn, sedappp...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Usually for pork belly, i will take the lean meat...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Usually for pork belly, i will take the lean meat...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Usually for pork belly, i will take the lean meat...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Usually for pork belly, i will take the lean meat...

Sharon D. said...

I use Knife brand's soy sauce - one of my favs but haven't tried this dark caramel ;)

Great recipe. Just the thing I love. The egg in there is brilliant!

Joyce Rachel Lee said...

This looks so good!

suituapui said...

Yum! Yum! I just had that too a couple of days ago. My SIL cooked one big pot for me - in return for the lap cheong fried rice I cooked for her. Barter trade. Hehehehehehe!!!! Very nice!

mun said...

Good way to finally cook that pork belly in your freezer. All the children like it I assume though Jamie may be too young to eat dishes like this. Is he?

Rose world said...

The kids didnt fancy it. The sour vinegar turned them off. Haha.